CMS Development

cstone
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you customize the "Search Module" results - editing the script?

SOLVE

HubSpot hosted our first ever CMS Developer AMA on July 25th 2018. This question was submitted and the first reply is what the panelist and audience chat responded with. (view the full AMA here)

--------------------------------------------

Could you show us some ways to play with the new "Search Results" module? Particularly, I am interested in ways to edit the script.

For example, how can I set a character limit for the result.title and result.description? (Screenshot attached) I used to rely on HubL's "trucatehtml" filter but it doesn't apply to this as the result are retrieved with JS. Any other JS trick to this module would be greatly helpful Smiley Happy

1 Accepted solution
cstone
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE
5 Replies 5
cstone
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

henryd1

SOLVE

Hey @cstone, thanks for sharing but it seems that the media was removed. Any clue where I can get some information on how to truncate search results in HS search results module?

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@cstone Where do you find these video sessions?

0 Upvotes
jausura
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hey @Jsum, those vids are snippets from the developer AMA on 7/25. The entire session can be found here. If you want to peruse the snippets by question, @cstone posted each of those in Community, so his last few posts are a good synopsis. Does that answer the question? Let me know if I misinterpreted... 

Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@jausura that is great, thanks. I didn't know this type of content was out there, I'm glad it was shared.

0 Upvotes