CMS Development

KLSutton
Participant

How do I stage a NEW blog listing page?

SOLVE

Hello, we are changing the look of our blog listing page and I cannot find any guidance as to how to stage this so my client can preview before it goes live.  I saw something about creating a test blog in my endless searches for guidance on this, but the test posts could get picked up by search engines.  What is the best practice for this?

Also, I created a new template for the listing page and I am able to preview the listing portion of the blog there, which is at least somewhat helpful. However, it is picking up the wrong blog (we have two) and I'd like to see the other blog in the preview.  Seems like this should be an easy thing to figure out and yet I cannot. Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Accepted solution
psdtohubspot
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @KLSutton 

Yes, you are right here By Creating Test Blog.
And Please add ' Noindex query' on blog "Blog listing pages header HTML" from blog settings 

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Check more options https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2007/03/using-robots-meta-tag.html

Hope this will work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
HHame666

SOLVE

I looked at this hyperlink a month in the past, and it regarded brilliant and easy. Now, I've come lower back to put in force and the hyperlink  is broken. Do you have got any hints approximately wherein else I ought to discover a comparable description please?

0 Upvotes
psdtohubspot
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @KLSutton 

Yes, you are right here By Creating Test Blog.
And Please add ' Noindex query' on blog "Blog listing pages header HTML" from blog settings 

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Check more options https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2007/03/using-robots-meta-tag.html

Hope this will work.

KLSutton
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks! Kind of a clunky solution but I guess it's something, appreciate the quick response.  I also realized after thinking about and researching this far too long... I can also click "Preview with Display Options" from my new template and there is a way to toggle between list and blog views (Change View, upper right corner) and select the Blog I want to view without actually making the template live in Blog settings.  Because my client knows his way around the back of Hubspot, I can walk him through viewing this way before we go live.   This might work for others in my predicament (you can also screenshot this I suppose) and is a bit quicker than setting up a test blog.

Hubspot, maybe a staging option for the blog that is a bit simpler sometime?  Thanks again psdtohubspot!

psdtohubspot
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You are welcome @KLSutton 

But unfortunately blog content staging not possible in hubspot can see this thread.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CMS-Development/Create-a-staged-version-of-blog/td-p/192534

Let me know if I can help in any questions.