How can I edit the comment box on my COS Blog?

SOLVE
Top Contributor

Hi all,

Can anyone show me how to edit the "reply to"  text on blog comments section. its not able to edit this section for the blog templates,

image-1484806196610.png

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Inbound Professor

Hi Subin,

The "reply to" is the one thing that cannot be edited since it's not a part of the actual form. This is something that we're considering changing, but it's not possible at this time. I've sent over your example to our development team. Thanks for sharing that this is something that you need for your blog!  

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Inbound Professor

Hi Subin,

I know this can be confusing! However, the blog comment module is, at its core, just a form. Navigate to Contacts > Forms and your looking for a form named something like Blog Comments Form. You'll be able to edit the text there, publish the form and it will update all of your blogs using that form for comments in the blog. Let me know if I can be of further assistance! 

Best,

Angela

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
Top Contributor

Hi @AngelaHicks

Thanks for your comments, i have gone through the Contact Form but i cant find "Reply to" section with in the form there are only options to edit the form labels and placeholders. 

reply to.png

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Inbound Professor

Hi Subin,

The "reply to" is the one thing that cannot be edited since it's not a part of the actual form. This is something that we're considering changing, but it's not possible at this time. I've sent over your example to our development team. Thanks for sharing that this is something that you need for your blog!  

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi Angela,

I think we've discovered an additional bug: If a visitor comments and confirms that he wants to be informed, that someone has replied to his comment, he automatically gets an email from noreply@hubspot.com, which – as far as I know – can't be edited or customized for the individual website.

Best regards

Tom

Inbound Professor

Hi Tom, 

Can you post your Hub ID here, so I can take a look? 

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Angela,

the ID of the Portal would be #2119559. I didn't tested this on other portals so far, so I'm not sure if thats a problem in general or a bug in this specific portal.

Thank you

Thomas

0 Upvotes
Inbound Professor

Thanks, Tom. 

Definitely get in touch with our Support team so they can investigate. As a paying customer you can contact support via the Help button in your portal and pick how you'd like to be contacted. 

They'll be able to get to the bottom of this!

Best,

Angela 

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

2 years later, is it something that can be done by now?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Hi subin,

since the html of the reply button is:

<button class="comment-reply-to hs-button secondary">
    "Reply to "
    <em>Firstname Lastname</em>
</button>

you can alter the text with a little script:

$( window ).load(function() {
    var $reply = $('button.comment-reply-to');
    var $em = $reply.find('em'); 
    $reply.html('responder a ');
    $reply.append($em);
});

This is some kind of "hacky", but it solves your request for the time being. Sure it would be nice to have that editable the "normal" way.

Design Manager   HubSpot.png

Best,

Arno

0 Upvotes