CMS Development

JoanaVL
Participant

How can I align the radio buttons with their label?

SOLVE

Hi, I have searched for this question here, but none of the solved posts helped with my problem.

How can I align the radio buttons with their labels on a form? It currently looks like this:

form.png

This is the first time I'm using radio buttons on a form.

I'm not a programmer but I know my way around html and css, and I can't get this to work, help me please!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JasonRosa
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JoanaVL awesome thank you! It looks like this is currently happening because of this style: 

body form.hs-form fieldset[class*="form-columns"] .hs-input {
    width: 100%;
}

which is setting all items with .hs-input to have a width of 100% (including the radio select buttons and checkbox buttons). I'd recommend keeping what you have above and adding the following so that your radio select buttons and checkbox buttons are styled properly: 

body form.hs-form fieldset[class*="form-columns"] input[type="radio"].hs-input,
body form.hs-form fieldset[class*="form-columns"] input[type="checkbox"].hs-input {
    width: auto;
}

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Sarah_K
Participant

SOLVE

hi! i'm having this issue to. I can't find where to go into the CSS to update this. If I go to the style sheets or templates, it takes me to all of them, not to this specific page/setting. Can anyone advise how to get into the form CSS to update? 

0 Upvotes
CMoore42

SOLVE

I have the same question as you Sarah_K!

JasonRosa
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JoanaVL would you be able to send a link to the page that you're working on so that I can get a better look at the code? 

JoanaVL
Participant

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
JasonRosa
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JoanaVL awesome thank you! It looks like this is currently happening because of this style: 

body form.hs-form fieldset[class*="form-columns"] .hs-input {
    width: 100%;
}

which is setting all items with .hs-input to have a width of 100% (including the radio select buttons and checkbox buttons). I'd recommend keeping what you have above and adding the following so that your radio select buttons and checkbox buttons are styled properly: 

body form.hs-form fieldset[class*="form-columns"] input[type="radio"].hs-input,
body form.hs-form fieldset[class*="form-columns"] input[type="checkbox"].hs-input {
    width: auto;
}
JoanaVL
Participant

SOLVE

Ah it worked! Thank you for the quick reply!

0 Upvotes