CMS Development

adamfeldt
Participant

How can I add a hidden multiple choice field to a landing page

SOLVE

I am trying to add a 'choice' field to a template, in order to be able to send some values to the API that I can use on my website. I need to send multiple values however, as far as I can see, I can see, my only choice is to add single-choice dropdown fields using the HubL 'choice' term. Is there a way for me to create a multiple-choice field??

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@adamfeldt Oh, I see. Here's an idea... use multiple boolean module's and then create if statements around that:

{% boolean "option_one" , value=False, no_wrapper=True, export_to_template_context=True %}
{% boolean "option_two" , value=False, no_wrapper=True, export_to_template_context=True %}

{% if widget_data.option_one.value == False and widget_data.option_two.value == False %}
// both are false
{% elif widget_data.option_one.value == True and widget_data.option_two.value == False %}
// one is true
{% elif widget_data.option_one.value == False and widget_data.option_two.value == True %}
// two is true
{% elif widget_data.option_one.value == True and widget_data.option_two.value == True %}
// both are true
{% endif %}

Not as easy as having a simple 'multiple select' attribute for the choice field, but gets the job done. Should probably add that to the HubSpot Ideas board.

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@adamfeldt is there a reason why you don't want to use checkboxes? This is kind of the standard when it comes to multiple selections.

0 Upvotes
adamfeldt
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Stefen,

Well my primary reason is that I can find no HubL syntax for adding checkboxes. I can only find 'choice' and that just gives me drop-down's with single choice.

0 Upvotes
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@adamfeldt Oh, I see. Here's an idea... use multiple boolean module's and then create if statements around that:

{% boolean "option_one" , value=False, no_wrapper=True, export_to_template_context=True %}
{% boolean "option_two" , value=False, no_wrapper=True, export_to_template_context=True %}

{% if widget_data.option_one.value == False and widget_data.option_two.value == False %}
// both are false
{% elif widget_data.option_one.value == True and widget_data.option_two.value == False %}
// one is true
{% elif widget_data.option_one.value == False and widget_data.option_two.value == True %}
// two is true
{% elif widget_data.option_one.value == True and widget_data.option_two.value == True %}
// both are true
{% endif %}

Not as easy as having a simple 'multiple select' attribute for the choice field, but gets the job done. Should probably add that to the HubSpot Ideas board.

adamfeldt
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Stefen,

Thank you for your effort. I have started this up in Ideas. the Boolean option is too hard to manage and takes up a lot of UI real-estate.

Thanks anywho

8^)

Adam

0 Upvotes
ChadP
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

You can always use javascript to change the feidl to a multi value. But that would only work on the fromt end.

$('select').prop({'multiple':'multiple'});
0 Upvotes
adamfeldt
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, but I would like to avoid that approach.

0 Upvotes