CMS Development

CFSSoftware

Hosting a static site within Hubspot

I have looked at the different avenues to get static assets/html files uploaded to Hubspot but I can't seem to find a way to simply host a statically generated site ( created using jekyllrb ) in Hubspot. Is there a solution for pointing at a folder within the site manager and pointing it to a URL?

The files are all HTML/CSS/JS and do not require any server-side processing and can be hosted by any barebones webserver, we would just like to keep the hosting within Hubspot if at all possible.

3 Replies 3
Agustuson
Participant

I was trying to do the same.

We have a design from a designer agency, and we have programmed it using HTML and CSS, and we would like to use and upload our design.
It would be nice to be able to upload an HTML file and use that as a page. 
We would only need to upload the HTML, because it uses the Bootstrap CDN for the CSS files.

0 Upvotes
JamesETF

I'm curious to know what you came up with, we're ditching wordpress for Hugo+Netlify CMS

which is a static site generator + "Static CMS" generator.. as such the blog posts are static and don't query a database.

With that being said, it would save a crapton of headache to leave the static "about us, home, contact us" permenantly static, but the blog and its posts be produced in hubspot.

So I'm saying Hugo (instead of Jekyl) + Hubspot (this winner will be purely based on "ease of producing content" + outright performance and Time to first paint...   also schema.org implementations... and rich snippets stuff which i'm assuming are custom modles in Hubspot CMS? 

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

@CFSSoftware,

I'm not sure if this will help as my experience with static websites is literally this blog post that I just read, but based on the jist that I got from the article this isn't possible in hubspot.

Even if your web pages are 100% static, using no modules/widgets that would store content in the database, all of your files are still in a database, and you can't create an HTML file in Hubspot without using at least the header and footer variables. Also any css or js files added to your html site would be a dynamic call. 

Basically, the way I understand Hubspot to work is the way WordPress or most other cms's work. The user calls the page from the server, the server loads the template associated with the page and the the content associated with the modules in that template for that page, packages it, and sends it back to the user. Based on my limited understanding of static pages, this is the opposite of the concept you are going for. 

I must be out of the loop because I haven't heard of this until just now, and it's a really cool approach that I will be looking more into, but I just don't think this is something you can achieve in Hubspot.