CMS Development

lexyOVC

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Hello,

We are using a Trinidad template which has the "hind" font imported, when you use a new element from the template it does start in this font.  But the font is not showing on the font list so in cases of text that was copied into elements that changes to another font and cannot be changed, could someone point me to what we are doing wrong?

Screenshot 2019-04-30 18.01.19.png

When you come directly from the template it does default into this font:

Screenshot 2019-04-30 18.02.44.png

But for text that is copied in or placed on the page from a module element, it seems to inherit its previous font or assigning some default.  Since Hind isn't a font choice I can't figure out how to change it:

Screenshot 2019-04-30 18.04.44.pngThanks

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lindseynwmn
Solution
Contributor

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Most likely those styles are being applied from wherever you are copying from, i've had this happen before when pasting from a few sources.  You can change the font or you could just remove the span entirely, you don't need it.  Ideally you'd just have it like this:

<h3>Leading Retail Innovators Trust OneView</h3>
<p>If you're an innovator with a target architecture anchored in control and agility, we look forward to talking with you to share why the world's leading retail innovators leverage OneView when they know that “the old way” has no place in their strategy of the future. Turn your business and marketing objectives into actionable digital strategies driven by powerful, brand-based in-store engagement.</p>

You really don't need the inline styles here since your css is taking care of styling those elements.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
lindseynwmn
Contributor

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Do you have a live page with this issue we could take a look at?

Font's not available through Hubspot's dropdown that are added through css need to be declared in your css. The theme creator most likely has the font assinged to all the basic elements, such as headings and paragraph tags. 

Seems like it could be an issue related to the copy/pasting of text into the module but would be helpful to see the code on a page where the font isn't correct. 

0 Upvotes
lexyOVC

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Hi @lindseynwmn , 

Thank you for getting back to me.  The pages were are working on are not live yet.  I am checking now to see how we might be able to make it live for you to see and will post back here.  Thank you!

0 Upvotes
lexyOVC

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Hi @lindseynwmn 

I've published a test page here:
https://www.oneviewcommerce.com/oneview-commerce-testexternalLink

The font is correct until you get to the block where the clients are, then you will see it is verdana but we are not able to change it.  In the module block, it appears to be correct (Hind) but even so once you apply it seems to go back to verdana.

I am sure it is something we've done or missed but we can't seem to isolate what.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
lindseynwmn
Contributor

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Ah, i see what you're saying. I can see that your stylesheet does set Hind as the font-family for the body, but it looks like there are some inline styles that are overriding the css.

For that heading and paragraph next the the logos they are wrapped in a span tag that looks like this:

<span style="font-family: verdana, geneva;"></span>

When you are copy/pasting text into the module, can you view the source code and see if the text is wrapped in that span at that point? If it's a rich text module you should be able to go to tools -> source code and view what is coming in with the pasted text.

0 Upvotes
lexyOVC

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

@lindseynwmn 

Thanks, here is the code from that module.  Based on what you posted it does look like it is getting wrapped there, so I am thinking I remove it or change it to hind to resolve?

Thank you!

<h3 style="line-height: 1.25;">&nbsp;</h3>
<h3 style="line-height: 1.25;"><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva; font-size: 16px;">Leading Retail Innovators Trust OneView</span></h3>
<p style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: verdana, geneva;">If you're an innovator with a target architecture anchored in control and agility, we look forward to talking with you to share why the world's leading retail innovators leverage OneView when they know that “the old way” has no place in their strategy of the future. &nbsp;Turn your business and marketing objectives into actionable digital strategies driven by powerful, brand-based in-store engagement.</span></p>
0 Upvotes
lindseynwmn
Solution
Contributor

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Most likely those styles are being applied from wherever you are copying from, i've had this happen before when pasting from a few sources.  You can change the font or you could just remove the span entirely, you don't need it.  Ideally you'd just have it like this:

<h3>Leading Retail Innovators Trust OneView</h3>
<p>If you're an innovator with a target architecture anchored in control and agility, we look forward to talking with you to share why the world's leading retail innovators leverage OneView when they know that “the old way” has no place in their strategy of the future. Turn your business and marketing objectives into actionable digital strategies driven by powerful, brand-based in-store engagement.</p>

You really don't need the inline styles here since your css is taking care of styling those elements.

0 Upvotes
lexyOVC

Help with a font issue

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Upvotes