CMS Development

davidjosephl

Help with CTA glitch?

Hello all,

I created a CTA and when in edit mode it displays as I would like:

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.24.58 PM.png

But then, when I go into preview mode, it displays like this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.25.07 PM.png

Any help as to why this glitch happens? Thanks.

3 Replies 3
JasonRosa
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Help with CTA glitch?

@davidjosephl the CTA previewer is just showing what the button will look like without any other styles applied. In this case, if the button looks different on a live page it is likely due to a conflict with something in your style-sheet attached to the page that you're using. If you could link to the preview link of the page here, I'd be happy to give this a closer look. 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Help with CTA glitch?

Remember, ALL 'previews' are approximations of what browsers will see. There are literally GOBS [good word] of browser versions that have simply not been allowed for in 'preview' view.

Consider, Firefox is pretty stable, but Chrome and MS Edge update so often we stopped keeping track. There is no substitute for actually viewing the page/email in the actual browser.

Forget 'preview' mode and go to the actual browser ... it will make your life much easier.

Problem solved.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
tjoyce
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

Help with CTA glitch?

Can we see the live preview link or the button being used in a page? Hard to tell whether that's a line-height issue or bottom padding issue