CMS Development

danbraun
Membre

Help locating documentation on possibly deprecated code

Résolue

Hi, I'm taking over a site here at work. It has code on it I cannot find the docs for.

For instance:

{{ required_head_tags }}
{{ include_attached_css( [{"id":6366537205,"type":"cos_extension_resource"},{"id":6366590467,"type":"cos_extension_resource"}]) }}
{{ user_head_overrides }}

Those 3 variables or functions may be in your docs but I haven't found them. Could they be deprecated? In particular the "include_attached_css" statement seems to reference ids. Where does one obtain an id for a css file?

Also confusing, the following:

{% module_block module "module_157970820055216" wrapping_html='', per_widget_wrapper_html='', overrideable=true, widget_name='Alternating Image and Text Block', module_id="24700361243" label="Alternating Image and Text Block alt" %}
{% end_module_block %}

This doesn't look any longer to be the way to insert modules into templates. Please advise.

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
Kevin-C
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari 

Hey @danbraun 

Unfortunately with the nature of working from legacy markup from time to time 😞

1) For the first I'm pretty sure thats been replaced by "{{ standard_header_includes }}".

2) That CSS is just legacy, you'll just have to locate it and add it with the new syntax. I'd bet that the page bulder UI can handle this now. Using the page info will help you with this! If you've never used it follow these steps:

1) Using the browser you logged into the HS platform navigate to your live page.

2) Click the HS icon that slides in from the top right

3) Click developer info. This will have everything that the page is suing or outputting.

Screeenshot - 2020-04-06 at 9.01.55 AM.png

3) You are correct that is probably more than is neccessary, it looks to use a lot of the option parameters when adding a module. To get the "minimum" you'll want to grab that from the Design Tools UI, located in the properties panel on the right, all the way at the bottom.

Honestly I would start testing by using the HS UI to modify the CSS settings while using the Developer Tools to check that everything is being built as expected.

Hopefully this gets you moving!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

prosa
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

XXXXXX/modules/8008948393

The last value in theurll is the id in the design manager for modules.

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
danbraun
Membre

Résolue

Hello, I've taken over a site who's CMS is largely built on HTML-HUBL template files. Though I am either familiar with or know where to find docs on HUBL and template tags/functions, there are some unusual and non-documented (as far as I can tell) elements in some of the templates. Such as:

{{ required_head_tags }}
{{ include_attached_css( ... }}
{{ user_head_overrides }}

I cannot find the docs for these. 

In particular:

{{ include_attached_css( [{"id":6366537205,"type":"cos_extension_resource"},{"id":6366590467,"type":"cos_extension_resource"}]) }}

This is not the way Hubspot doc currently indicate how to bring in CSS files. Thanks to the "show output" toggle, I can see it bring in a "main.css" file. But in the above, it refers to an "id". Where is this ID obtained?

Also, the way some of the modules are implemented:

{% module_block module "module_157970820055216" wrapping_html='', per_widget_wrapper_html='', overrideable=true, widget_name='Alternating Image and Text Block', module_id="24700361243" label="Alternating Image and Text Block alt" %}

My understanding that there is much more here than necessary to place a module within a template. Am I correct on this? For instance: module_id="24700361243"  Where is that id obtained? Is it necessary?

Thanks for any help or guidance to the relevant documentation. 

0 Votes
prosa
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

XXXXXX/modules/8008948393

The last value in theurll is the id in the design manager for modules.

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.
sharonlicari
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hey @danbraun 

Here I found some docs that might be helpful for you: 

HubL Functions

HubL Syntax

HubL Supported Tags

Hey @JanetArmstrong @prosa @Kevin-C anything you would like to add? 

Thank you
Sharon 🙂

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Votes
Kevin-C
Solution

Résolue

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari 

Hey @danbraun 

Unfortunately with the nature of working from legacy markup from time to time 😞

1) For the first I'm pretty sure thats been replaced by "{{ standard_header_includes }}".

2) That CSS is just legacy, you'll just have to locate it and add it with the new syntax. I'd bet that the page bulder UI can handle this now. Using the page info will help you with this! If you've never used it follow these steps:

1) Using the browser you logged into the HS platform navigate to your live page.

2) Click the HS icon that slides in from the top right

3) Click developer info. This will have everything that the page is suing or outputting.

Screeenshot - 2020-04-06 at 9.01.55 AM.png

3) You are correct that is probably more than is neccessary, it looks to use a lot of the option parameters when adding a module. To get the "minimum" you'll want to grab that from the Design Tools UI, located in the properties panel on the right, all the way at the bottom.

Honestly I would start testing by using the HS UI to modify the CSS settings while using the Developer Tools to check that everything is being built as expected.

Hopefully this gets you moving!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev