CMS Development

NBraden
Participant

HTML Form Styling

Hi everyone,

We have this Salesforce form on the footer of our website:

Screenshot (189).png

I'm trying to replace it with a HubSpot form, but I can't get it to look right. The form looks all scrunched and misaligned like this:

Screenshot (191).png

If I try increasing the width of the form, then the input containters overlap like so:

Screenshot (190).png

Anyone have ideas on how to get it to look like the original? Here's the CSS code I have in there right now which makes it look like the second screenshot:

.hs-form {
display: block;

font-size: 16px;

text-align: center;

text-transform: uppercase;

letter-spacing: 4px;

color: #4386AC;

line-height:30px;

}

.hs-input {

display:block;

Width: 300px !important;

font-family:franklin-gothic, sans-serif;

font-size:18px;

line-height:30px;

color:#ffffff !important;

background-color:#4386AC !important;

border: 2px solid #4386AC !important;

border-radius:5px;

}

.hs-button {

background-color:#005581;

color:#ffffff;

text-transform:uppercase;

font-family:franklin-gothic, sans-serif;

font-weight:bold;

font-size:16px;

padding:10px;

width:200px;

border: 1px solid white;

border-radius:10px;

transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out;

}

.hs-button:hover {

background-color:#DF7A1C;

border: 1px solid #DF7A1C;

cursor:pointer;

}

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
RJaglan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

HTML Form Styling

Hi  @NBraden 

I believe in order to custom style your form in CSS you need to take care of these three points: 

0 Upvotes
NBraden
Participant

HTML Form Styling

Hi,

I am using the "hbspt.forms.create" stuff you mentioned. I embedded the HubSpot form as a raw HTML form. Now I'm trying to get the HubSpot form (second and third image) to look like the original form we had built through Salesfroce (first image).

The code I posted is the custom CSS code I'm using to style the raw HTML form, but I can't get it to look right. Do you know how to get the input containers to either stop overlapping or getting misaligned (examples in the second and third images)?

0 Upvotes
RJaglan

HTML Form Styling

Hi @NBraden 

Did you try using "target attribute" in your form styling ?

In the form embed code, add a comma (,) after the formId attribute value, then enter a new line and enter target: '[container name]' .For example, you can force the form to render in a container on the page with the CSS class of the sidebar.

Or

Multiple forms embed codes added to same <div> tag

To ensure the forms load and display correctly, add the form InstanceId attribute and specify a unique value for each form embed code.

In the form embed code, add a comma (,) after the form Id attribute value, then enter a new line and enter form InstanceId: '[number]' .It's recommended to number each form in the order it appears on the page (e.g., '1' for the first form, '2' for the second form, etc.).

Please have a look at this article: form-in-the-wrong-place-on-external-page 

0 Upvotes