CMS Development

perryfeinstein
Participant

HTML Email Template going full width when default is set to 600px

Link to particular email

Link to template

I created the template in MailChimp and exported the HTML. I then took the HTML source code, created a new email template in the design manager, and pasted in the code. 

In the Live Preview, everything is centered/properly aligned. When I create a new marketing email using this template and send a test, the first paragraph is justified left and the email is full width in the inbox (as opposed to ~600px wide as intended). 

Screenshot_24.png

Furthermore, the header image is not showing in these tests, nor can I see the social-follow icons near the footer, or the blue footer at the bottom at all.

Screenshot_25.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@perryfeinstein, you need to define a width for  the table below "<!--BEGIN TEMPLATE"--> that is not a %value. 

<table width="600" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">

also, be carefule with using background images in email.  outlook will need some special sauce to make it work

reference this

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@perryfeinstein, thanks for trying to post the links, but you will need to send preview links rather than the design manager link.  we have to be logged into that account to see the design manager

preview link should end with ?hs_preview=......

and begin with your domain name.

0 Upvotes
perryfeinstein
Participant

@dennisedson Thanks for the heads up. Here is the preview link for the email. In the preview, everything is centered. The issue is when I send a test that it appears as in the photos above. 

0 Upvotes