CMS Development

MHowe
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

HS Search module showing duplicate blog posts.

During the development of one of our sites we used a test blog with real blog posts and we called it "Test Blog". When we launched we either changed the name to "Blog" or created a new blog and removed "Test Blog".  When you search for certain blog posts, it will return duplicate posts, one with /blog/ in the url and one with /test-blog/ url that goes to a 404. 

There is no instance of "Test Blog" anymore and there are no re-directs still in place. I have this to robots.txt but it still returns when you search:

Disallow: /test-blog/
Disallow: /test-blog/*

What else can I try?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MHowe 👋 Thanks for your question.

I have a few of my own to help give the community more context:

• Are these old URLs are still indexed by Google or another search engine? If so, have you already requested a re-crawl or removal of the obsolete URLs?
  • Are these duplicates appearing in the HubSpot CMS search or on an external search engine?
  • Is there any chance that “test-blog” URLs might have been hardcoded anywhere on your site? For example, in blog templates, modules, or elsewhere?

Thank you for the additional information! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
MHowe
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Thank you for responding Jaycee:

• I will look further into this, I am not 100% sure. 
  • Just the HubSpot CMS, more specificaly the native HubSpot search module. When I search in Google only one listing (the correct one) comes up)
  • There are no hard-coded urls that would include "test-blog"
0 Upvotes