CMS Development

BarryGrennan
Top Contributor

Google Translate Integration

SOLVE

A client is looking at Google translate as an option. Has anyone integrated it in a Hubspot site? I haven't used it in years. Back then it was free and you just put some javascript in your header.

How difficult is it to integrate?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @BarryGrennan

my colleagues and I were thinking about a Google Translate/DeepL integration which would translate all the content automaticlly some time ago. However, we have discarded this idea after longer considerations, because it would have had a massive negative impact on the page speed. 

I would suggest you to use the HubSpot build in tools

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @BarryGrennan

my colleagues and I were thinking about a Google Translate/DeepL integration which would translate all the content automaticlly some time ago. However, we have discarded this idea after longer considerations, because it would have had a massive negative impact on the page speed. 

I would suggest you to use the HubSpot build in tools

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
MikeFisher302

SOLVE

Hi there.

I'm just trying to figure out approach on this.  My company is very international, our audience is global, so we seek to encourage as many languages as possible as it is a community-style site.   The HubSpot solution, involves all languages being natively translated and entered in the back end but we are currently a start up so seeking to make things easy/inexpensive.  Are there any other suggestions?  thanks 

0 Upvotes
BarryGrennan
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Great point @Anton thanks.

I'm pretty sure I've convinced the client that'd it'd be too much added work and cost but that's a really good thing to point out too.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@BarryGrennan 

Are you looking at the translate apis or something else?  How were you thinking about the integration?

@Mike_Eastwood , have you played around with this?

0 Upvotes
BarryGrennan
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, it's the translate api I'm looking at. Is there a simpler implementation?

My instinct is to advise my client that it could end up adding expense and that creating your own translation with Hubspot's built in tools is likely more reliable.

Although if there's a solution similar to the old Google translate widget I'd like to let them know about that option too. 

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@BarryGrennan , I am with you instinct wise 😉

@Anton , @Gonzalo  what do you all think?

0 Upvotes