CMS Development

JensHubHelp

Global groups

Hi, I'd like to create a global group with a banner and CTA. I would like the content editor to be able to change the banner text and select among existing CTAs. Background color, alignment etc. would be preset. Can something be global, but editable (by the content editor) at the same time?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Global groups

@JensHubHelp, not that it helps you right now, but i caught wind that hubspot is considering how the global groups function which might accomodate what you need.

another thought on achieving this (assuming i understand the question:  make global groups editable by the content editor and have that change be changed globally) would be to create a custom module that pulls its data from hubdb.  add that module wherever and change the data in hubdb. 

good luck

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Global groups

For certain modules in the template builder, there is an option to "make editable in content editor" that's off by default. Flipping that on will accomplish what you want in theory. I know it works for CTAs as I've done that before but I believe making something global locks it down.

You may be better off making a module group with the pieces and then you can make a copy of that group to insert into all your templates.  Global Groups are mainly used for header/footer content that has static content across all your pages. 

0 Upvotes
JensHubHelp

Global groups

Thanks!

0 Upvotes