CMS Development

CharlotteP10
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Global Partials

SOLVE

Hi All,

We have a client looking to use different global content headers for their landing pages, depending what that LP is there to promote. 

We're not developers but we've been pointed in the direction of global partials as a solution, although this looks like it needs custom code experience. Is that correct? And if so, does anyone have a step-by-step please that even a non-developer would be able to follow?! 

Thanks in advance 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BarryGrennan
Solution
Top Contributor

Global Partials

SOLVE

If the content needs to different on different pages I wouldn't recommend a global partial. Unless you were to create several global partials and use a choice tag and if statements to set which one showed. That's one option.

I think a custom module is probably a better option.

Using a custom module with HubDB to edit content might be the most user friendly option.

All would be custom code situations.

I personally couldn't really provide a step by step as it sounds like a unique enough use case and you'd need look at the existing code, designs for what the client wanted etc. in order to know how to code it.

Maybe someone else can provide a broad overview but in any event you'd need a bit of coding knowledge to execute it.

profile2022aBarry Grennan

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
BarryGrennan
Solution
Top Contributor

Global Partials

SOLVE

If the content needs to different on different pages I wouldn't recommend a global partial. Unless you were to create several global partials and use a choice tag and if statements to set which one showed. That's one option.

I think a custom module is probably a better option.

Using a custom module with HubDB to edit content might be the most user friendly option.

All would be custom code situations.

I personally couldn't really provide a step by step as it sounds like a unique enough use case and you'd need look at the existing code, designs for what the client wanted etc. in order to know how to code it.

Maybe someone else can provide a broad overview but in any event you'd need a bit of coding knowledge to execute it.

profile2022aBarry Grennan

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact | LinkedIn

0 Upvotes