CMS Development

RHirliman
Miembro

Global Footer does not display on Blog Listing template only

resolver
I'm new to the HubSpot CMS but have been working through the CMS for developers course and have a decent understanding of HubSpot themes.

My client's theme uses a global partial for the footer, which contains a global module. This footer display properly on all page, and single blogs, but will not display on the blog listing page.

I've spent a while combing the the template/module files, page editor, settings, etc. 

The best lead I have is this, if i look at the sources of the blog listing page I can see this comment inside the global footer drag and drop markup: <!-- custom widget definition not found (portalId: null, path: null, moduleId: null) -->
0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Anton
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @RHirliman

<!-- custom widget definition not found (portalId: null, path: null, moduleId: null) -->

means that the path to the module/partial is wrong and couldn't be loaded.  

First thing I'd do is check the listing layout

If you have something like this in your listing template:

{% extends '../../templates/layout/layout.html' %}

{% block body %}
{% endblock body %}
{% block footer %}
{% global_partial path="../../templates/globals/lp-footer.html" name="Footer" %}
{% endblock footer %}

awesome!

The only thing you have to do is: right-click on the footer template and select "copy path" - not public path/URL and place it into the path. 

It's the first thing I check if I get such an error message. If it works - nice! Job done 😃

If you don't have it - check if other templates(where it's working) containing an

{% block footer %}
{% endblock footer %}

element. If they have it - Awesome! You know why it's not working. Copy the code, place it in your listing template, change the path like described above, try it out, save it - done!

Hope that helps

best

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Anton
Solución

resolver

Hi @RHirliman

<!-- custom widget definition not found (portalId: null, path: null, moduleId: null) -->

means that the path to the module/partial is wrong and couldn't be loaded.  

First thing I'd do is check the listing layout

If you have something like this in your listing template:

{% extends '../../templates/layout/layout.html' %}

{% block body %}
{% endblock body %}
{% block footer %}
{% global_partial path="../../templates/globals/lp-footer.html" name="Footer" %}
{% endblock footer %}

awesome!

The only thing you have to do is: right-click on the footer template and select "copy path" - not public path/URL and place it into the path. 

It's the first thing I check if I get such an error message. If it works - nice! Job done 😃

If you don't have it - check if other templates(where it's working) containing an

{% block footer %}
{% endblock footer %}

element. If they have it - Awesome! You know why it's not working. Copy the code, place it in your listing template, change the path like described above, try it out, save it - done!

Hope that helps

best

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
Jaycee_Lewis
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi, @RHirliman 👋 Thanks for reaching out. @Anton @Indra, do you have any tips or troubleshooting steps you can share with @RHirliman?

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot