CMS Development

smgreenberg
Participant

Getting a Video Link from Hubspot's File Manager

SOLVE

I recently bought this landing page template from Hubspot's marketplace:

http://marketing.clickray.eu/turbo-vanadyl-landing-v3-ebook-video

(preview from the marketplace)

And have not been able to get a video to work. As you can see in the screenshot below, there is a place to simply put a link, however, it must be a hubspot link, not vimeo, vidyard, youtube, etc. 

I have been in contact with Hubspot support and have only heard from them that the videos do not generate links (even with vidyard integration). However when talking with the designers, they sent a screen recording of a video generating a link from the file manager. Which then showed a video playing in the template perfectly.

I have been trying for weeks to get the landing page to work. I have also tried replacing their video module with a rich text module, however, that messed with the entire flow of the page.

Does anyone know how to get a hubspot link from a video in the file manager?!

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.50.56 AM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
valerajoey
Solution
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Your always welcome,  as on the video not showing the URL, you need to toggle off the switch that says 'Allow embedding, sharing and tracking.
for your question, I'm guessing your not familiar with JS nor how the video player was embedded in the module. That is a js library that enables you to add any player on the site, like (youtube, Vimeo, file manager, etc) but you still need to modify and add some styles in order for it to work. Same as for using rich text embed or vidyard, The video player is not that responsive or your template doesn't support its styling by default. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
valerajoey

SOLVE

Hey there, 
Upon reading your  post, here's what I've got, you downloaded a template yet, 
1. you can't use any external links aside from HubSpot file manager in your custom video player.
2. you don't know how to get the video link from HubSpot file manager?

I'll be going to answer first the second question,  to get an uploaded file link inside HubSpot file manager, 

• In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > File Manager.
  • Locate the file you'd like to share with others and click the file name
  • In the pane that appears on the right, click Copy URL in the File URL section to copy the link to your clipboard. 
    test.PNG

Now to have a better GUI in your custom module,  instead of having a text field for URL  you can modify your custom field and change the text field to file uploader field 
file upload.PNG

As for your 1st question, you really need to get your hands dirty with customizing its functionality, you can use https://plyr.io/ for your video player.  

better if you can provide a public preview because we can't open the page preview you've given,

best of luck,
joey

smgreenberg
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Joey!

Thanks for taking the time to look into my problem. I updated the post to have a preview of the landing page: http://marketing.clickray.eu/turbo-vanadyl-landing-v3-ebook-video

I am able to get links from images, but I am unable to generate links from my videos that I have uploaded. Here is a screenshot of when I try to grab a link from a video:

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.30.56 PM.png

A question for your other answer: I tried editing the video module to only include a rich text and it doesn't look like it works either. What does that program you linked to do? Is that something to generate video links?

0 Upvotes
valerajoey
Solution

SOLVE

Your always welcome,  as on the video not showing the URL, you need to toggle off the switch that says 'Allow embedding, sharing and tracking.
for your question, I'm guessing your not familiar with JS nor how the video player was embedded in the module. That is a js library that enables you to add any player on the site, like (youtube, Vimeo, file manager, etc) but you still need to modify and add some styles in order for it to work. Same as for using rich text embed or vidyard, The video player is not that responsive or your template doesn't support its styling by default. 

smgreenberg
Participant

SOLVE

You just fixed my problem!! 

I was having issues generating links for videos and that was due to having the tracking and embedding enabled on the video. Toggling that off, made the link appear.

Thank you so much!

0 Upvotes
valerajoey

SOLVE

You're welcome, don't hesitate to pm me if you still need help.

0 Upvotes