CMS Development

jrstaton
Participant

Get the even rows of a repeater using loop.index

SOLVE

Trying to figure out how to get the even rows in a repeater. I've seen loop.index used to target specific rows but not for all the even or odd rows. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jrstaton
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Got what I needed from the dev slack channel. For anyone that comes across this looking for the same thing, here's the code needed and a link to the docs - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/hubl/operators-and-expression-tests#even

{% if loop.index is even %}

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ChehakWadhdwa
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

hey @jrstaton 

Instead of using loop.index it will be much better to use class or id by {{name}}

Like <div class="{{ name }}"> give this class in top of your repeater module and close div after repeater module and give your css like as shown in below image , you can define all your css like this then you can get ability to control each card module , no matter how many times you are using same module

ChehakWadhdwa_0-1650442786284.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
jrstaton
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @ChehakWadhdwa - I think I should provide more information as I'm not understanding how your suggestion will accomplish what I'm trying to create.

I have a vertical animated timeline that reveals itself on page scroll. I want the repeater fields to alternate its starting animation either from the left or from the right. So what I need is for all the odd repeater fields to have the class "js--fadeInLeft" and all the even repeater fields to have the class "js--fadeInRight". Below is the code I'm using for reference:

{% for item in module.timeline_item %}
      <div class="timeline-item">
        <div class="timeline-content {% if loop.index == '2' %}js--fadeInRight{% else %}js--fadeInLeft{% endif %}">
          <h5>{% inline_text field="timeline_title" value="{{ item.timeline_title }}" %}</h5>
          {% inline_rich_text field="timeline_content" value="{{ item.timeline_content }}" %}
        </div>
      </div>
    {% endfor %}

This module is for a client so I need to have them only editing the content of the repeater and not class names and stylesheets.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jrstaton
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Got what I needed from the dev slack channel. For anyone that comes across this looking for the same thing, here's the code needed and a link to the docs - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/hubl/operators-and-expression-tests#even

{% if loop.index is even %}

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks for adding the solution here.

Sometimes, the answer is so darn simple you almost smack yourself in the head when you see it!

0 Upvotes