CMS Development

hilton22
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Get contact information and fulfill a form

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm aware that there is a way that Hubspot identify a contact through cookies and fulfill a Hubspot form in a Hubspot LP.

But is there a automatic way to get all contact information, using i.e a URL parameter ('?email=somebody@hubspot.com', '?vid=12345', etc) and fulfill a Hubspot form, without a back-end programming?  

I'm asking that because I have a client who needs to redirect a traffic to a Hubspot LP, that contain a Hubspot form. Once the user access this LP, the client would like that this contact would identified by some Hubspot functionality, other than cookies.

I'm also aware that this can be achieved using some back-end programming. But the client was very specific about not develop a external app to solve this. They want every thing in this process to be made by Hubspot.

Is this possible? Has anyone been in a similar situation? 

Cheers,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Oscar1
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @hilton22 , sorry I misread your first message. In any case, I'm pretty sure the fields can't be prefilled without the use of either cookies or URL parameters without using back-end programming. I don't think HubSpot can identify the user in order to pre-fill the values if it's not through cookies.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @hilton22 

Going to throw @Oscar1 and @Gonzalo at this to see what they think 😀

0 Upvotes
Oscar1
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @hilton22 ,

We needed to pre-fill some hidden fields from a form based on a URL from a CTA we send in an e-mail. This is the way that works for us:

https://example.com?email={{ personalization_token("contact.email", "Add here default value") }}

And you can add as many parameters as you'd like. Notice that if it's a company or deal property you'll have to change "contact.email" for "company.name" for instance or "deal.deal_amount".

Hope that works for you.

0 Upvotes
hilton22

SOLVE

Hello @Oscar1,

Thanks for replying! I'm acquainted with this Hubspot functionality, but in my case, I believe things is a little bit more complicated than that. 

What I need is to retrieve all the contact info, based on these parameters that I mentioned, not only pre-fill the form fields. I mean, the number of contact properties from this portal is huge,  which would exceed the browser URL character limit of 255.  Besides that, there are contact info that only exists in Hubspot.

If I use some back-end programming, I could achieve this easily, but our client does not want this type of solution. They imagined that the Hubspot could accomplish this without the aid of external applications. They do not want to bear the costs of developing and maintaining this external application.

I hope I have clarified the issue.

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
Oscar1
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @hilton22 , sorry I misread your first message. In any case, I'm pretty sure the fields can't be prefilled without the use of either cookies or URL parameters without using back-end programming. I don't think HubSpot can identify the user in order to pre-fill the values if it's not through cookies.

hilton22

SOLVE

Hello @Oscar1

I already imagined that this was not possible, but I needed to confirm.

Anyway, we will think about other solutions.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

0 Upvotes