CMS Development

Blabberboy
Participant | Elite Partner

Forms working with Divi theme

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have a website built using the Divi theme. 

There are about 15 forms on the website (a form on each page) and I want to avoid having to recreate (and style) the forms in HubSpot. 

I found this article on all the supported and non-supported forms and Divi is in neither list: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/non-hubspot-forms/use-non-hubspot-forms

Is is possible to connect the forms to HubSpot without creating new forms in HubSpot?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
Felixx
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hey! I had the same problem and found a solution.

Create a static list (in HubSpot) at Contacts -> List and select HubSpot at the Divi (or Bloom) Email option module. In the module, settings select HubSpot as the Email Account. If that's your first time you need to connect your account because Divi is not able to fetch your lists, yet. Click on add, type in any name in the "Account name" field (the field has a wrong title, it doesn't refer to your HubSpot account name, you can choose any name you like) and add your API Key (can be found/created on the HubSpot website at Settings -> Integrations -> API Key). Afterwards, you should be able to fetch the created STATIC lists in the Divi Email Optin module.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Felixx
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hey! I had the same problem and found a solution.

Create a static list (in HubSpot) at Contacts -> List and select HubSpot at the Divi (or Bloom) Email option module. In the module, settings select HubSpot as the Email Account. If that's your first time you need to connect your account because Divi is not able to fetch your lists, yet. Click on add, type in any name in the "Account name" field (the field has a wrong title, it doesn't refer to your HubSpot account name, you can choose any name you like) and add your API Key (can be found/created on the HubSpot website at Settings -> Integrations -> API Key). Afterwards, you should be able to fetch the created STATIC lists in the Divi Email Optin module.

daniel_voiss
Contributor

SOLVE

@Felixx  This still references the "contact" module and not the bloom or divi "optin" module that you described.

0 Upvotes
tgoodchild

SOLVE

Not sure how this helps. Yes you can see the static lists, but the list is STATIC - it can't be edited so any submissions are lost.

daniel_voiss
Contributor

SOLVE

This may not to be relevant, as opt-in or bloom form is strictly for email marketing and collected forms are generally contact forms for lead gen, which cannot be accomplished by a simple email collection opt-in form. 

RMassey
Participant

SOLVE

Whoooa! I've been trying to figure out why I'm not seeing folks Wordpress history in hubspot after they sign up for one of our newsletters in the division option module.  But I can the history and other analytics from the woo commerce form. Wish I read  this three days ago! 

OK, is there any way we can track folks activity on word press through a newsletter sign-up form at all? Like maybe if I used an embedd  hubspot rather than using the Divi  module?

0 Upvotes
Felixx
Participant

SOLVE

This is not correct. You add custom fields to the email option and bloom forms. You can literally tailor the forms completely to your own taste and goes far beyond simple lead gen forms. We use them all over our website for different purposes (investor communication, etc.).

daniel_voiss
Contributor

SOLVE

They offer conditional logic and progressive form fields? Don't think so, and if so, since when? Bloom is intended and built for email marketing opt in forms that are generally used in the case of collecting emails for newsletters, ebooks or downloadable content access, automated marketing outreach campaigns, and less detailed or qualified lead generation. Of course sure you can attempt to use it for your needs, but it does not serve everyone's purposes and there is a very evident reason and differentiation that exists between the two, or I am sure the elegant themes dev team would have saved themselves the extra work and just baked in bloom to the builder as the native solution for divi. With that being said, drop your URL, I'm sure others could benefit from knowing how others have got around these particular issues, as your solution might be an option for some.

0 Upvotes
Felixx
Participant

SOLVE

Here you go: Conditional Logic in Divi https://elegantenthusiast.com/how-to-use-conditional-logic-in-divi-contact-form/

As I said, that should solve the problem.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Blabberboy,

Have you enabled non hubspot forms in your portal? The theme of the website should not intefere with the forms being able to populate within HubSpot.

Who is your website hosted by (Wordpress, wix, etc.)

The more information, details and screenshots you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
daniel_voiss
Contributor

SOLVE

This is regarding a wordpress theme, so their CMS is definitely wordpress. Divi happens to be one of the top theme on wordpress right now, and rightfully so as it provides the tools needed for building unique websites with custom forms that have some advanced marketing features. If hubspot integrated seamlessly with Divi, it would be a huge win in more ways than one.

Anybody that uses Divi is going to want to use their form builder over hubspot:

- Unique styling capabilities

- Conditional logic to create more engaging and better qualifying forms

- More consistent design and a/b testing tools for conversion optimization

Blabberboy

SOLVE

Can anyone help with this issue?

0 Upvotes