CMS Development

Nhonegger
Participant

Form submit button on landing page template not working

Howdy Hubspot community,

I'm currently using the "Classic Landingpage" landing page template and everything seems fine but when I publish the page the submit button does not regester as a button. The mouse hover over does nothing, and clicking the button has no impact. However the form is working, if I fill it out and press enter it goes through. 

Looking for advice I haven't changed any styling in the template, and the form works on other landing pages so not sure what to change? 

Thanks!

17 Replies 17
Jsum
Key Advisor

@Nhonegger,

Check your console for javascript errors. The only reason the button itself wouldn't be interacting with the form that it is apart of is if something is interfering with with it.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Hey, that reminds me. (head shaking)

We stood up an example smart content page a few weeks ago and saw a similar issue with the Classic LP template, but forgot to report it. Took a quick look at the console and didn't see any errors. 

Here's the page we see the issue on - http://devmfjlabs-dev-4402709-4402709.hs-sites.com/lp-example-dynamic-smart-content-01

Maybe the author (from InboundPixels) would like to chime in here. Just emailed them to also review this thread, but they're on vacation so could be a minute before they respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Nhonegger
Participant

Same one i'm having problmes with thanks for the confirmation. 

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

@MFrankJohnson,

There is definitely an error there on my end, and I am pretty sure the 403'd doc is exactly what is needed for the form to work, but I'm not 100%.

index.js:1 GET https://app.hubspot.com/content/api/v4/tools-menu/has-permission?portalId=4402709&callback=jsonpHandler 403 ()

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

@Jsum, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't see any js errors on that page in either my Chrome, Firefox, or Snagbug consoles. How are you able to see that error?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

It is just there in the console, though the file has now changed I believe. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Interesting. We've made no changes.

When you have a min, will you please share a screenshot showing the console error(s) (if they still exist)?

Thanks in advance.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/dcGZfMV8vykLvGKUNKxgJA

I can't screen cap the console without capturing all three of my screens so I had to make a video. Funny thing is that the 403'd doc is back to what it was originally. Ignore the second error, that is related to VidYard.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Thanks for the vid @Jsum, I see what you're talking about, but still not in any of my consoles (on 2 different machines). {{weird}}

I'll test my consoles with my own js as soon as I get off work today. Really appreciate the help.

btw - still radio silence from the guy(s) at inboundpixels. (head shaking)

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Nhonegger
Participant

Anyone have any luck on solving this, or is it safe to say this template is now dead 😕

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

We emailed James McFadzean at InboundPixels about this issue on 7-May.  

(no longer monitoring this thread)

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
inboundpixels

Hey guys, Just wanted to pop in her and fill everyone in on the status of this issue. It was indeed a bug with the template but has since been resolved. I am really sorry for all the frustration this may have caused anyone using the template. We are indeed a small outfit but I am dedicated to the success of every one of my customers so I sincerely hope that this is not taken as an overreach but simply a bug that comes up in the lifecycle of any online development. We pride ourselves on the number of free resources we provide to the hubspot community to make going Inbound not expensive.  I understand that all of your time is very valuable to you and for the delay in response I apologize. Here is the fix: 

.hero-form {
position: relative;
z-index: 9999;
}
If this code is placed at the end of the classic.css file the issue will be resolved. Please reach out to me personally with any further questions as I am happy to help. Again really sorry that this issue limited you guys in your success and I look forward to helping your growth in any way I can.
Nhonegger
Participant

Awesome thank you! 

Will give it a go today. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Thank you.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Nhonegger
Participant

Has anyone tried implementing the fix? I'm getting the same issure, trying to figure out if it is just me doing something wrong. 

Appreciate any insights. 

0 Upvotes
inboundpixels

The fix should work but if you want to shoot a link to the page you implemented the fix on to this thread I would be happy to help you figure out what is going wrong in your case. 

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

@Nhonegger,

Ha, it appears we got off track with your question. 

Send me a preview link and I will look at it. The only way the template is going to be dead is if it isn't fixed, and everything is fixable. 

0 Upvotes