CMS Development

milos_peric
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Form fields value transfer to another page.

Greetings,

Is there a way to transform form field value from one page to another (first form redirects to another page with a bigger form)?
Basically, Page#1 has form that has only one field - email. After entering your email and pressing the submit button you are being redirected to Page#2 that has bigger form with - firstName, lastName, email, companyName etc...Is it possible to transfer the value of email entered in Page#1 so that email field in form on Page#2 gets populated after redirection. 
The flow would look like:
1. User enters an email on Page#1 (user@example.com).
2. After that, user clicks submit and is being redirected to another page (Page#2).
3. On Page#2 there is a bigger form with lots of additional fields but email field is already populated with user@example.com.
4. User now enters all the additional info (firstName, lastName...) and submits the form on Page#2.

Hope i was clear enough to understand what the desired effect is.

Kind regards, Milos.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
thesnappingdog
Contributor

@milos_peric  Let me know if the thread posted by @dennisedson is helpful. The current solution works fine for "raw html" forms, i still need to figure out how to make it work for forms that are rendered as iframes.

Long story short: With a little embed code manipulation, you do not actually need separate pages. you just render a new form in the place of the old one. 

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @milos_peric !

Welcome to the community!  Looks like what you want is a multi step form

@thesnappingdog has done us a favor and gave us this gem

Hope that gets you going in the right direction!

best

Thanks,

Dennis

HubSpot Community Developer ShowMake sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel
where you can find the HubSpot Community Developer Show