CMS Development

patricia
参加者 | Platinum Partner
参加者 | Platinum Partner

Forced formatting on custom coded blog template

Hi, I'm facing an issue where css is pushed onto our custom coded blog template by the HubSpot platform.

I run every blog post via the TextEdit tool on OS to get rid of all formatting before pasting the content onto HubSpot, but for some reason random css ends up in the code and messes up the formatting I've done on HubSpot editor and then I end up going through and cleaning up the code manually, which is annoying and time consuming.

The issue in more detail

If I copy-paste text from a section to another when editing in Inline Mode, for some reason <span>copy-pasted text</span> appears to the pasted text. If I then try select a section of that copy pasted text which is inside the paragraph and try to style it as a heading, the whole <p>copy-pasted text</p> gets formatted as a heading.

I usually select the heading style from navigation — headings, and then it sometimes happens that the text styled as heading appears without the end tag (for example: </h4>) which means that everything after gets styled as a heading, which then messes up everything else I try to style later on.

I've contacted your customer support but weren't able to help. 

Patricia

0 いいね!
7件の返信
alyssamwilie
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner

Along with @benvanlooy 's solution you can also right click in the editor and choose "Paste as plain text" (if you're in Chrome, I don't believe Firefox has that option).

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
nicolelizabethj
参加者

Weird! I use Chrome but I only have the option to Paste or Paste and Match Style and neither of those work😕

0 いいね!
alyssamwilie
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner

Browsers are so weird... 🤔 Does Ctrl+Shift+V paste as plain text for you?

paste.png

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
benvanlooy
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Hi Patricia!

- So you mean, when you copy & paste text from a document into a Hubspot blog area?

- Have you tried to copy the text, paste it into a textdocument & flatten the text to remove all formatting? (on mac: Textedit - paste text and then Format > Make Plain Text)

0 いいね!
patricia
参加者 | Platinum Partner
参加者 | Platinum Partner

Hi, 

Yes, as I stated in my first message: I run every blog post via the TextEdit tool on OS to get rid of all formatting before pasting the content onto HubSpot.

So it happens when I copy-paste content from TextEdit to HubSpot but also if I copy-paste a section from one location to another within the blog post I'm editing. 

Patricia

0 いいね!
benvanlooy

Weird.

When pasting, have you tried pasting it into the HTML editor by clicking </> ? When pasting it should have no formatting at all.

And after formatting as you wish?

nicolelizabethj
参加者

This worked for me! I'm glad I found this thread cause the forced formatting is SO annoying. I've been using plain text for a while but was still having issues. Pasting into the source code instead of the editor is the best I've been able to achieve so far.