CMS Development

ik30
Teilnehmer/-in

Flexible column doesn't reflect template changes on web page.

lösung

Hi

After I link a web page to a template that uses flexible columns. I am unable to see updates/changes made to the template (design manager) in the web page itself. 

For example, if I add a module inside the flexible column through the design manager, I still have to add it manually in the Web Page. It doesn't reflect the template change.

I'm new to building templates and was wondering if this is normal? 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Jsum
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi @ik30 ,

That is pretty much how it works. A good work flow is to start with your modules, add each module into a template as you create it. when a template has all of it's modules, and all of the modules in the template have their editable fields in place, then create the page.

You can delete the page and recreate it with the template. I had to deal with this situation a lot last week. Once the page is assigned a template, changes to the template do not effect the page, except where a new module is added. Flexible column modules count as modules, and the modules you assign to a flexible column in the template counts as content/settings for that module, so  once a page is assigned that template the modules are locked in.  This has it's benefits also. making changes to a template won't mess up live pages. There is an idea, in the idea forum, asking for a "reset" setting on the page editor, that would reset modules or the template itself to the template default. This is an idea I hope is implemented soon.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
Jsum
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi @ik30 ,

That is pretty much how it works. A good work flow is to start with your modules, add each module into a template as you create it. when a template has all of it's modules, and all of the modules in the template have their editable fields in place, then create the page.

You can delete the page and recreate it with the template. I had to deal with this situation a lot last week. Once the page is assigned a template, changes to the template do not effect the page, except where a new module is added. Flexible column modules count as modules, and the modules you assign to a flexible column in the template counts as content/settings for that module, so  once a page is assigned that template the modules are locked in.  This has it's benefits also. making changes to a template won't mess up live pages. There is an idea, in the idea forum, asking for a "reset" setting on the page editor, that would reset modules or the template itself to the template default. This is an idea I hope is implemented soon.

0 Upvotes