CMS Development

KGlode
Contributor

Filter IP Addresses question

SOLVE

Hey all - hope I'm on the right board/group.  New to HubSpot and I'm trying to filter out our IP addresses.   Wondering if anyone knows of a way to capture some type of static IP address for our employees (that won’t change) when we all work remotely from our homes and use our own home internet connections, which vary in providers?   Thanks for any help you can provide!  -Kate

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DPassman
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Kate, great question! What you are wanting is only possible if establishing a VPN is required for remote users. If that is the case for your team, I would recommend getting with your IT team to determine what your IP address is (you may be able to see it within the VPN software). You'd then need to make sure your company vpn settings/firewall routes all internet traffic through the VPN.

If you do not have a vpn, this is your other option. You COULD have a list of IPs that gets updated every 2 weeks (when most internet provides renew IP addresses) by someone. Everyone that works remotely can use whatismyip.com to get their IP address, and they then send them in to whoever will manage that list. Not ideal, I know 😞

David Passman

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CheyanneMcdonal

SOLVE

It's great that you're trying to filter out your IP addresses! One way to capture a static IP address for your employees is to use a VPN service. VPNs create a secure, encrypted connection between your computer and the VPN server. This way, your traffic is routed through the VPN server, which gives you a static IP address.

0 Upvotes
DPassman
Solution

SOLVE

Kate, great question! What you are wanting is only possible if establishing a VPN is required for remote users. If that is the case for your team, I would recommend getting with your IT team to determine what your IP address is (you may be able to see it within the VPN software). You'd then need to make sure your company vpn settings/firewall routes all internet traffic through the VPN.

If you do not have a vpn, this is your other option. You COULD have a list of IPs that gets updated every 2 weeks (when most internet provides renew IP addresses) by someone. Everyone that works remotely can use whatismyip.com to get their IP address, and they then send them in to whoever will manage that list. Not ideal, I know 😞

David Passman
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing your insight, @DPassman 🙌

Best — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot