CMS Development

tstrack
Contributor | Platinum Partner

File Upload Module

Is there module to allow for file uploads?

I'd like to give a client the ability to upload a PDF via the file manager, similar to how the image module works - they click 'Choose Image' and it opens up the file manager.

Currently I have them copying a link in the file manager and pasting it into a text field, which is an awful UX.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jurbank
Participant

File Upload Module

This can be achieved by creating a new form with a file upload field.

1) Navigate to forms

2) Create a new form that will have the file upload

3) Create a new field, name it whatever you want i.e. 'File Upload', click 'Create new'.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 12.13.16 PM.png

4) Enter the information for your new field property, then set it to the type of 'File Upload'.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 12.14.06 PM.png

4) Save the property, then drag it onto your form, then save the form.

5) Make sure your page has a form module available, then add your new file upload form to that page

0 Upvotes
tstrack

File Upload Module

Maybe I should have explained a bit better.

I'm looking to create a module with HubL code to accomplish this. It would allow me to drag the module into a website page. When the end user would create/edit the page, they could drag that module onto the page like the image module - which allows a user to select an image from the file manager. The only difference being, I want them to be able to select a document from the file manager, rather than an image.

If this isn't possible, perhaps I can hard code something into the template file with HubL?

Am I making sense?

0 Upvotes
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

File Upload Module

@tstrack yes, I agree this would be nice. Typically, what I do in these situations is use a text field and explain in the field's description that they should "copy and paste the URL from the file manager here".

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer