CMS Development

arlogilbert
Colaborador

FTP - Files get renamed and then 404

Anybody else experiencing this?

We will go upload a file (e.g. oursite.js ) and what shows up in HubSpot is oursite-1.js - then a few minutes later (we've long since disconnected from FTP) the file will be renamed to oursite.js but the oursite-1.js will remain there eternally.

Then to really make things fun, odds are about 60% that HubSpot will deliver a 404 message for those files. No rhyme or reason to which ones get 404's when delivered by FTP.

It sadly seems like the entire FTP system is really brittle and the only reliable way to upload files is through the web interface. Sadly this seems like a really awful solution if you have any sort of CI/CD system and are building your files through webpack or other programmatic means.

Very disappointed in HubSpot right now.

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
lscanlan
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @arlogilbert,

I did some testing around this today but I haven't been able to reproduce. I know it's been some time since you submitted this, so it's possible something was fixed in the meantime. I looked in our internal issue tracker and didn't see anything related to this though, so I'm concerned it's something we haven't caught.

Do you have any example files where this happened? Are you still able to reproduce? Just a name of a file in your File Manager would suffice. I can pull its ID and investigate a bit. Maybe I'll be able to reproduce at that point. Feel free to send me a direct message as well.

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Me gusta
arlogilbert
Colaborador

Try uploading 10 documents at once.

0 Me gusta