CMS Development

tstrack
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Extra Classes Parameter Ignored

Résolue

When I add the extra_classes parameter to a module inside of a Flexible Column it's ignored.

{% widget_container "main_content_wrapper" %}
    {% image "offer_image" label="Offer Image", alt="Offer Image", src="//placehold.it/768x240", extra_classes="mb-30" %}
{% end_widget_container %}

It works fine outside of the Flexible Column.

{% image "offer_image" label="Offer Image", alt="Offer Image", src="//placehold.it/768x240", extra_classes="mb-30" %}

Any ideas as to why? Is it not possible?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
DaniellePeters
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Since it's a flexible column, anything that you add on the template level is just a blueprint and can be removed and replaced with some other module on the page editor level. You cannot add classes to modules within flexible columns since they may or may not actually make it to the live page.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
adriancblack
Participant | Partenaire solutions
Participant | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Still, let that be my problem, i mean the developers problem. I need to a) stop the weapper from rendering on the live site or b) an option to add extra class regardless if inside flexible column or not.
Becase of this i now have to write a buch of javascript to inject/unwrap when i coud've literaly be done with it wit just 2 css properties. literaly 2 properties. Unaccepted solution

DaniellePeters
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Since it's a flexible column, anything that you add on the template level is just a blueprint and can be removed and replaced with some other module on the page editor level. You cannot add classes to modules within flexible columns since they may or may not actually make it to the live page.

tstrack

Résolue

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

0 Votes