CMS Development

gaylebrimble
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

I have 60+ users that cross 4 regional teams in our HubSpot System.  Is there a way I can "Export" the list of users?   I want to export the names, data sort into regions and then send out to do a regular audit to ensure any staff that have left the business have been removed (i.e. contacts transferred to others) and access denied. 

Yes management could go into the users and look thorugh the 60 names, but I would prefer to be able to just send them a list via email and have them respond that either all are current or which staff need to be removed. 

Aside from typing them all out manually myself which would be painful it wouldbe great to be able to export.  You can tick a box to "select all" but the only options with that is for "Editting permissions" or to "Remove" - an "Export list" button would be ideal! 

2 Soluciones aceptadas
fcha
Solución
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

I recently had to pull a list of our users for an internal audit and was surprised to see it was not available.  My workaround.

1) Select the user table via your browsers inspect tool (see image below)

2) Copy elements and paste into a txt file.  Save txt file as user.txt (or anything you want)

3) Open Excel and import said txt file (Data > Import from TXT/CVS)

4) Viola!

hack.png

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

Jaycee_Lewis
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

Exporting User lists

resolver

Hey, @TDubrule 👋

Have you tried this endpoint — User Provisioning API | GET/settings/v3/users/

You can also look at the Get a page of owners endpoint using the Owners API | 
GET/crm/v3/owners/ this will return both Owner and User ID along with First Name, Last Name, and Team ID(s).

Example response:

{
  "results": [
    {
      "id": "6166860",
      "email": "jsmith@example.com",
      "firstName": "John",
      "lastName": "Smith",
      "userId": 1296619,
      "createdAt": "2019-10-30T03:30:17.883Z",
      "updatedAt": "2019-12-07T16:50:06.678Z",
      "archived": false,
      "teams": [
        {
          "id": "178588",
          "name": "West Coast Sales",
          "primary": true
        },
        {
          "id": "178590",
          "name": "California Sales",
          "primary": false
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "paging": {
    "next": {
      "after": "string",
      "link": "string"
    }
  }
}

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

18 Respuestas 18
CraigBailey
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Exporting User lists

resolver

A quick update on this - you can also use a Chrome extension such as Table Capture:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/table-capture/iebpjdmgckacbodjpijphcplhebcmeop/related?hl=...

Makes it easy to export out the entire table into Google Sheets, Excel etc.

sarahcasdorph
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

A user audit would be useful - especially with more stringent data requirements in the market (CCPA, GDPR, etc.)

joverholt
Colaborador

Exporting User lists

resolver

A user audit function in which we could export users, what roll they have, what features are turned on, and if they are active would be very helpful.  I am specifically interested in reviewing which of our users can create and edit properties in our tennet.

Thank you

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

Exporting User lists

resolver

To workaround these HubSpot user limitations, we setup an internal process for also adding HubSpot users as Contacts in the CRM (with restrictions). This permits us to reference them (in the form of filtered views) when communicating internally, and, of course, to export fairly accurate listings.

The extra work and periodic inaccuracies characteristic of this duplication effort tend to be outweighed by the benefits of having them as contacts in the CRM. We also use HubSpot internally to track stats for our HubSpot users -- e.g., engagement with marketing & sales collateral that may impact their work, feedback engagement, etc..

Certainly not perfect and a bit of extra work, but a decent workaround until a better solution comes along.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
fcha
Solución
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

I recently had to pull a list of our users for an internal audit and was surprised to see it was not available.  My workaround.

1) Select the user table via your browsers inspect tool (see image below)

2) Copy elements and paste into a txt file.  Save txt file as user.txt (or anything you want)

3) Open Excel and import said txt file (Data > Import from TXT/CVS)

4) Viola!

hack.png

Flora
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Exporting User lists

resolver

Hello,

My name is Flora (Yuan) Wang and I am a PM at HubSpot. We are recently shipped a feature that allows Super Admins to get a CVS Export of: 

• First name
  • Last name
  • Email
  • Last Login
  • Role
  • Teams
  • Permissions

This is found on the Users and Teams page. Please let me know if you have any questions! 

RSalo3
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

Thanks, @Flora . Is there any way to get this information through API?

joverholt
Colaborador

Exporting User lists

resolver

Thank you for the update Flora.  quick question on this new feature.  does the export allow us to get the users "internal value" number as well?  that would be super useful as well

TDubrule
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

Hi @joverholt,

Also trying to get that internal value number. I saw that it appears in properties. I'm looking to use it via API to connect users with this number in some spreadsheets. Any success?

0 Me gusta
Jaycee_Lewis
Solución

Exporting User lists

resolver

Hey, @TDubrule 👋

Have you tried this endpoint — User Provisioning API | GET/settings/v3/users/

You can also look at the Get a page of owners endpoint using the Owners API | 
GET/crm/v3/owners/ this will return both Owner and User ID along with First Name, Last Name, and Team ID(s).

Example response:

{
  "results": [
    {
      "id": "6166860",
      "email": "jsmith@example.com",
      "firstName": "John",
      "lastName": "Smith",
      "userId": 1296619,
      "createdAt": "2019-10-30T03:30:17.883Z",
      "updatedAt": "2019-12-07T16:50:06.678Z",
      "archived": false,
      "teams": [
        {
          "id": "178588",
          "name": "West Coast Sales",
          "primary": true
        },
        {
          "id": "178590",
          "name": "California Sales",
          "primary": false
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "paging": {
    "next": {
      "after": "string",
      "link": "string"
    }
  }
}

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

TDubrule
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis,

Indeed thanks a lot that's what I was looking for.

Best,

Thibaud

0 Me gusta
RSalo3
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

Bad News:

About the workaround, with all respect, your software is a little bit difficult to work with.

I've copy, from this page [https://app.hubspot.com/settings/666/users/paid-users] and paste all elements of the front-end (see attachment) as you ask me.

This is the result:

--------

Search

dev@xpto.com.br

Gustavo Oshiro

gus@xpto.com.br

greg@xtpo.com.br

John S

js@xpto.com.br

100 per page

--------

The Check Icon is an SVG (vector image) so It's not readable by Text Editors.

Any idea?

Thanks,

0 Me gusta
AHassanen
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

So after following the First step of the solution here

You go to any application where you can create a txt file (I used Sublime Text), you paste your copied text in the file and hit save. The only difference here is when saving the file avoid having any extension to it for example I am naming the file (HubSpot Users) WITHOUT the .txt extension 

AHassanen_0-1621555229875.png

So the saved file would look like this 

AHassanen_1-1621555330848.png

AVOID having an extension like below

AHassanen_2-1621555354021.png

after that follow the rest of the steps in the solution here and it would work for you. 

Lemme know if that helped 😄 

0 Me gusta
rpiola
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

Copy and paste from the inspector is a pain if you have many pages of users (we currently have more than 100 users, and we plan to extend hubspot usage to 500+ users), and if you have users belonging to more than one team, this report will list only they primary team and "+1" or "+2"... useless for auditing purposes.

A real improvement would be having APIs to retrieve the list of users, and maybe to insert or modify them at will... this will allow hubspot to be integrated with enterprise identity management system for automated user provisioning, auditing and deprovisioning

BobBalm1
Colaborador

Exporting User lists

resolver

Thanks! That actually worked relatively painlessly 🙂

If anyone gets stuck because user's name and email address stick together (space gets eliminated), just do a quick Text to columns, select no separators and let it run. It should kill the email address and 'Actions' and just leave you with the name. 

If you need the email address... good luck!

Also... come on, you can export everything and the dog in Hubspot, why not the users?

AllenHelms
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Exporting User lists

resolver

This is definitely needed if HubSpot wants to be considered more of an "Enterprise" CRM for midsized companies. I'm getting into clients and portals now that have almost a hundred Users and we are attempting to use the "Team" feature to help segment the portal among multiple brands/operating divisions.

Further, now that there are different kinds of Users licenses (Marketing, Sales, Service, Super Admin etc.) that provide different levels of permissions, I will need to quickly audit and manage which User has which "User Permissions" and are on which "Team" as this impacts what they can see and do in the system. 

Being able to report on and export Users by Team and User License is needed.

Allen Helms

Salesforce/HubSpot CRM Consultant

www.OrganicEndeavors.com

BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Exporting User lists

resolver

Hello @gaylebrimble,

Thank you for your question.  It isn't currently possible to export your users to a csv file from within Hubspot, but I can certainly see the value in something like that.  I encourage you to head over to the Hubspot Ideas Forum to suggest that the ability to export users to a CSV file be made available in a future product release.  

One very elementary workaround could be to highlight all of the users on that page, can copy and paste the text into a simple text editor.  Pasting in a simple text editor should strip the images, and leave you with the users names, email addresses and permissions.  You could then copy and paste that into excel to make formatting a easier.  This certainly isn't a great workaround, but it might help.

I hope this helps!

Brett

aashpatel
Participante

Exporting User lists

resolver

Hi Brett,

Seems a lot of people have submitted this idea with different headings.  Should we still submit another idea?  How is HS aggregating these ideas, upvotes and then creating a plan for resolution?

Thanks,

Aashish