CMS Development

Spfeffer
Membro

Exporting Notes

resolver

Is there a way to export notes/tasks, etc. from Hubspot? I know you can export the column of properties, but can I also extract the notes? Thank you! 

Stacie

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Exporting Notes

resolver

Hi @Spfeffer and everyone,

HubSpot has silently introduced options that allow for exporting notes more easily:

1. Navigate to the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) or any other object's index page
  2. Click Edit columns
    karstenkoehler_0-1707832350333.png
  3. Find the Contacts -> Notes column
    karstenkoehler_1-1707832411598.png
  4. Confirm, then Export your view
    karstenkoehler_2-1707832448354.png

In the export file, you should find a column containing notes, separated by semicolon if there are multiple ones. Individual notes seem to be capped at 500 characters.

If notes are longer than 500 characters, workarounds are the following:

There is also a thread on this topic in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. I'd recommend upvoting this thread and leaving a comment with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
10 Respostas 10
karstenkoehler
Solução

Exporting Notes

resolver

Hi @Spfeffer and everyone,

HubSpot has silently introduced options that allow for exporting notes more easily:

1. Navigate to the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) or any other object's index page
  2. Click Edit columns
    karstenkoehler_0-1707832350333.png
  3. Find the Contacts -> Notes column
    karstenkoehler_1-1707832411598.png
  4. Confirm, then Export your view
    karstenkoehler_2-1707832448354.png

In the export file, you should find a column containing notes, separated by semicolon if there are multiple ones. Individual notes seem to be capped at 500 characters.

If notes are longer than 500 characters, workarounds are the following:

There is also a thread on this topic in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. I'd recommend upvoting this thread and leaving a comment with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
Roselen
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Exporting Notes

resolver

Although this thread may be dated, if anyone comes across the same question, I have a helpful workaround to share. You can create a custom report that includes the following:

• Object's unique identifier (eg email address of contacts or company domain name of companies)
  • Note body
  • Activity created by
  • Activity date
  • Plus other properties you need

You can add filters to make sure your report shows relevant records only. Eg: include only those that have note body and email address. Once you are satisfied with your report, proceed to export it.

We have a more detailed process here if anyone's interested. Just ignore the part about importing to HubSpot: https://www.xenkb.com/how-to-export-notes-from-one-hubspot-portal-and-import-on-another

EKwong2
Membro

Exporting Notes

resolver

is custom report a paid feature?

0 Avaliação positiva
Roselen

Exporting Notes

resolver

Yes, it is available on Pro or Enterprise Hubs only per this HubSpot KB: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-custom-reports

0 Avaliação positiva
JMcMahon2
Participante

Exporting Notes

resolver

In case anyone else has this issue down the line... I was able to extract notes by using Ultimate Data Export.

Your notes/meetings/tasks will be in the engagement files.

Membro

Exporting Notes

resolver

Can I export notes with the contact records

markkofman
Top colaborador(a)

Exporting Notes

resolver

Yes, that would work with Import2 Wizard and here is a short video explaining how it works - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiBf0si00DU

MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

Exporting Notes

resolver

Q: Exporting Notes

Short A: Not via 'export'.

Longer A: If anyone can do it via the API the guys at Import2 can. And, they'll give you a head's up on any gotcha's BEFORE starting your export/migration.

That being said, clients with fewer than a few thousand contacts typically opt for the workaround -- keep a free version of HubSpot CRM running and link to specific contact records from your new system, so you can still tie old notes to contacts.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
markkofman
Top colaborador(a)

Exporting Notes

resolver
One of the import2 guys here 🙂

We have recently launched https://wizard.import2.com that allows you to export contacts, companies, deals, emails, tasks, meetings, calls, etc

You can use it for free for files with less than 1,000 rows
SBrown52
Membro

Exporting Notes

resolver

Would this include images from notes?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva