CMS Development

simonp

Exporting Field from one module to another - or - transfer a module to different domain?

SOLVE

Hello All

This is a properly a fundamental thing in hubspot -

I currently working on a module in a sandpost area that will be moved into adifferent domain.

I am creating a number of fields within the module in the sandbox but i am not sure of

- Either exporting all  the custom  fields i have created in the sandpost site to a different domain

- OR transfering the complete module (with its dependencies) to a different domain

Hope thats clear

Many thanks to all

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

Exporting Field from one module to another - or - transfer a module to different domain?

SOLVE

@simonp you can do this with the HubSpot Local Dev CLI tool. Basically, you can fetch your entire module and it's JSON file which contains all the data for each field. Then once fetched, you can push it to a completely different portal in just a few seconds. Follow this guide to get started: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/getting-started-with-local-development

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@simonp you can do this with the HubSpot Local Dev CLI tool. Basically, you can fetch your entire module and it's JSON file which contains all the data for each field. Then once fetched, you can push it to a completely different portal in just a few seconds. Follow this guide to get started: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/getting-started-with-local-development

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
0 Upvotes
ACantú
Participant

SOLVE

And is there a way that doesn't require the CLI?

0 Upvotes