CMS Development

mkarsten
Top Contributor

Expired page reverting back to draft

SOLVE

I've only set an expiration on two landing pages, and both redirected to new landing pages. The first one, there was a long delay before I was able to get back to look at the stats, and  found it odd that it was showing as a draft, and couldn't find any of the data. I know it was live, because it was the only place I had a form that collected a large number of submissions. Thought maybe it was a quirk or I missed something until I did the same thing yesterday, and ended up with another previously published page that is now showing as a draft.

Am I missing something in the setup that's causing this? I'll avoid use this function if it's going to throw away my stats from the original page, but seems odd when I search that no one else has mentioned a similar issue.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @mkarsten  Thank you for clarifying. This HubSpot Academy resource explains that expired pages will be classified in draft mode in the Landing Page listings, once they have expired.

I can definitely see how that would be confusing to users though.  Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @mkarsten Looking through your Landing Pages drafts, I can see page data for the Pitsco Perks page, but none of the other pages. If you could let me know which pages should be showing data, I will do my best to troubelshoot further. 

You also have access to our support team via chat/phone/web ticket. You can reach out them for advanced support. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
mkarsten
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I use support regularly, but since this wasn't pressing, thought I'd throw it on here. I found the data thru campaigns, and that if I re-publish the page the data comes back. What's confusing is why these are being thrown back in the draft category when it's not a "draft". A draft is a preliminary version and this is an expired landing page that was previously published, seems a category of expired or closed would be more fitting.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @mkarsten  Thank you for clarifying. This HubSpot Academy resource explains that expired pages will be classified in draft mode in the Landing Page listings, once they have expired.

I can definitely see how that would be confusing to users though.  Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes