CMS Development

robert1
Contributeur

Exclude footer from search results

Hi everyone,

we have a search on our hubspot site but it seems to be including our footer when indexing pages - this somewhat defeats the purpose as most of the typical search keywords will appear in the footer and the search will then effectively serve up all the pages since they all contain the search term.

For example, if someone were to search for "Contact" they would get all the pages in the results since there is a link to our contact page in the footer.

I would like to exclude the global group footer from being indexed or served by search results. Can I do that?

Additionally, I would like to define what the top hit is for a particular search term, ideally with a ranking. We don't have a huge site so we could define this manually somewhere. Is this possible?

Please note: I'm not a developer but I know my way around the CMS and templating engines as a designer.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Votes
2 Réponses
Javierismo
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Hi Robert, we have the same problem here, we are thinking if we can set like a 'blocklist' for modules to exclude from search results will be very helpfull

JanetArmstrong
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions

Create a custom search results page as explained here: https://designers.hubspot.com/blog/adding-a-search-results-page-to-your-hubspot-hosted-site

Then you can remove the footer from the new template or make any other changes.

0 Votes