CMS Development

JyriN

Events calendar listing + search filter

SOLVE

Hello,

I was wondering what's the best way to implement event listing seen in the attachment. Can there be custom date variables in blog posts or is there some other method I should be using to do this? We would need to list events monthly according to it's set start date.

Also any tips how I could do the search filter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

events-upcoming.jpg

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DaniellePeters
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Here are a couple of resources from the designer's docs that can help you get this working.

This tutorial walks you through repurposing blog templates in general for uses such a creating an event listing. You can use HubL to create custom fields in your blog posts.

For a fully custom search bar, if you have Website Pages in your account, I'd recommend leveraging HubDB. This tutorial about implementing a real estate listing with HubDB includes a search functionality which you should be able to adapt to this event listing. If you do not have access to HubDB, you can add a Google Custom Search Engine to a Custom HTML module in your template.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
DaniellePeters
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Here are a couple of resources from the designer's docs that can help you get this working.

This tutorial walks you through repurposing blog templates in general for uses such a creating an event listing. You can use HubL to create custom fields in your blog posts.

For a fully custom search bar, if you have Website Pages in your account, I'd recommend leveraging HubDB. This tutorial about implementing a real estate listing with HubDB includes a search functionality which you should be able to adapt to this event listing. If you do not have access to HubDB, you can add a Google Custom Search Engine to a Custom HTML module in your template.