CMS Development

zeshanshani

Error:"module" is disabled in this context

I've created a global module and when I try to use it inside another module like this:

{% module "module_1533298233409297" module_id="3476458" label="EACD2018 - Social" %}

it always gives me the following error: 

I've searched a lot even tried to use the "export_to_template_context=True" parameter, but no luck. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

10 Replies 10
elanashama
Top Contributor

this is crazy! what's the point of creating modules if you can't link to them frmo your template? 

Definitely need this option!

0 Upvotes
TFineas
Participant

Having the same problem here. I'm shocked this is something people have been requesting for this long and still doesn't exist. It's a little sad that the dev team is not sure if nesting in a modular system is a requirement. Just sad.

0 Upvotes
MSimpson4
Participant

Nesting/referencing modules is key to building modular, reusable code.  I'm still using the Design Manager for my projects.

Mohesh_Borah
Participant

Really, still this is not possible I guess.
As I am also facing the same issue.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Mohesh_Borah !  Actually, hello everyone.  I am curious to know how big of a deal this is now that we have partials and blocks available in local development.

0 Upvotes
fabianj
Contributor

Still not possible... so what is this moduel snippet thingy for anyway?!

0 Upvotes
fabianj
Contributor

I have the same issue! Just that it seems that I cannot even include local modules into other modules... G.

Very hard to build a modular system with current COS functionality... I have many other issues too btw.

0 Upvotes
rcarey

This is a pretty large bummer.  It would definitely allow those of us who are designing more modern templates to design more accessible and editable code in complext layouts.

+1 vote to allow for nested modules

rcarey

I would also add that a similar error occurs when trying to include partial templates in a global module.   Weird since this seems like EXACTLY the kind of thing you would want to do with a partial template.

lgerodiaz
Contributor

Interesting. I'm thinking that we couldn't really embed global modules as snippets for other modules as of this moment.