CMS Development

craigcri
Mitglied

Error 403, Request Forbidden, on CMS page

lösung

Weird issue here and not sure where to turn...

When a customer on our external shopping cart system completes a checkout, they are redirected back to our website. Our shopping cart system accepts a "redirect url" for where to send them. For this redirect URL we're plugged in our HubSpot "Thank You" page to get the user back into our site. 

Our shopping cart system uses a POST request to redirect our users on completion.  HubSpot is identifying that redirect as a POST request and freaks out, giving us an error 403 "Request Forbidden."

My understanding is that this 403 Request Forbidden is being thrown out of HubSpot thinking this user is attempting to visit the site with data for the API. Because no API-related data is being sent, we ultimately want this type of request to be ignored and just go into the site without the API attempt.

What can we do here?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
stefen
Lösung
Autorität | Partner
Autorität | Partner

lösung

@craigcri sounds like your shopping cart system is sending the wrong status code for a redirect. What you could do is create a new page on your shopping cart system and then use some javascript on that page to do the redirect for you.

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
JJacobJohn
Mitglied

lösung

Hi, 

I am working on a working site. I was trying to connect my local system with Live API (with API key). But for all request, I get a response of 403: Forbidden. Kindly do the needfull

0 Upvotes
stefen
Autorität | Partner
Autorität | Partner

lösung

hey @JJacobJohn - when a HubSpot API returns a 403 that typically means the API key or access token doesn't have the right permissions enabled for it to interface with that specific endpoint.

stefen
Lösung
Autorität | Partner
Autorität | Partner

lösung

@craigcri sounds like your shopping cart system is sending the wrong status code for a redirect. What you could do is create a new page on your shopping cart system and then use some javascript on that page to do the redirect for you.

0 Upvotes
craigcri
Mitglied

lösung

Hey Stefen!

Yeah, what we ended up doing for a quick solution was to give the shopping cart system a bit.ly link to handle that redirect, and things are working again.

0 Upvotes