CMS Development

SDebacker
Participant | Elite Partner

Emtpy search results for certain groupId

I've been creating custom blog template with a search functionality & noticed that the search (based of the examples i could find in the hubspot documentation) retrieved results accross all blog's, but I wanted it to limit it to 1 blog or group id. I found the way to do this in the api-documentation so I added a hidden filed with name="groupId" & value="{group.id}" but I noticed this didn't work for this the specific group/Blog I was testing this on. When I would use the group-id of an older blog (the english one in this case) I do get the results back that I would expect.

Example of this case: When using the groupId hidden field the search on this page: https://blog.dssmith.com/lt for the term "circular", will not return any results. When removing the groupId or changing it to the the English blog (5489708566) I do get results back for the exact same term. You can see that the first article in the listing already uses "circular" in it's title so I would presume these posts should come up? Whene using the search button or submitting the form you will be directed to a differente (older design, search result btw, this is a Work in Progress/Development blog)

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
bmhall2
Participant

Was there a solution to this issue?  We are experiencing the exact same behavior described above.

0 Upvotes
SDebacker

Haven't gotten input from the hubspot team, however I do have a suspicion that it could be related to the fact that we currently have robots="noindex" meta header on the blog. We try to do this during development, to not have development/dummy content be crawled by google etc. But if the hubspot search also uses this header to keep these blog posts out of the search-results it may be logical in some way, just dificult/annoying to test during development 😉

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@stefen , would you be able to lend @SDebacker a hand 🙏

0 Upvotes