CMS Development

jlim
Membre

Email template delivering <head>

I recently launched an email campaign using a template from the HubSpot Marketplace (with some minor modifications to the html and css of the custom modules). It looked great while building and testing. We sent tests to email in different platforms and browsers, and everything was consistent.

However, when the email was sent to our list, a number of contacts reached out to ask why there the email was prefaced by a giant text block. It looks as if the CSS in the <head> of the template was sent as well. Has anyone else had this problem? What were the most common factors contributing to this issue? 

3 Réponses
benvanlooy
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Can you show us any screenshots?

And in which email clients does this happen?

I know the preview snippet just shows up "not hidden" by certain versions of outlook.. because the display:none property is not supported by those versions.. Is that the block of text mentioned?

jlim
Membre

I wish it was something that small.

It looks like all the CSS styling for the entire template. More than a two dozen readers replied to say they were having this issue, while some did not have this issue at all. The contacts had different customer lifecycle properties, came from different companies, and different geographical regions. In addition to the CSS <head>, some contacts experienced selective image blocking, third-party CTA blocking, etc. Clearly, there are some user end settings issues involved, but I've never seen a big block of CSS like that before. 

email style.PNG

benvanlooy

Oh my. that's not good no...

I guess this is a question for support.

Obviously styling is different depending on the email client.. But to just show all the CSS code.. thats extreme, have not seem that before.. so maybe something went wrong Hubspot side?