CMS Development

Tsveta

Email preferences

SOLVE

Good morning,

is it possible to restrict the email types available in the email preferences page without deactivating the email types?

Many thanks,

Tsveta

1 Accepted solution
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Email preferences

SOLVE

Hi @Tsveta,

It is not possible to restrict the email types shown on an email preferences page without deactivating the email those email types. 

Rami 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Email preferences

SOLVE

Hi @Tsveta,

It is not possible to restrict the email types shown on an email preferences page without deactivating the email those email types. 

Rami 

0 Upvotes
Jez_D
Participant

Email preferences

SOLVE

Today I find myself wantig to ask the same question, and ended up on this page. However, this question was asked three years ago, so maybe things have changed. Let me briefly explain our use case.

User clicks on resubscribe in our app. This triggers a workflow in Hubspot (via the API). The workflow sends a email to the user with a link to the email preferences page. All of the subscription types appear on this page. One of them is called Product Service Updates.

What I have discovered is that if the user unsubscribes from this subscription type, she will never again be able to resubscribe, because this is the subscription type of the resubscribe email. We have experienced that many users are selecting unsubscribe me from all mailing lists, resulting in them being unsubscribed from Product Service Updates - thus forever unsubscribed form everything.

So, if I cannot prevent users from opting out of the subscription type, is there a reserved type I could use for the email?

0 Upvotes