CMS Development

NachoH
Participant

Email field mandatory?

Résolue

Hi, I´m new at Hubspot, and I have a doubt about the field "email". I am doing a campaign for some leads users I already have in my hubspot list. I already know their emails but I need to get further info from them. My question is: If I already have their emails because, Im sending an email to my entire list, do I have to add the email field anyway to the form? or should I use it in smart mode so it wont show up to those who I already have their email?.

Thanks a lot!

Nacho

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
skotwaldron
Solution
Participant

Email field mandatory?

Résolue

HubSpot always encourages you to include the email field. Most of the time the email field will prepopulate with their info. One of the main reasons for this is the email is the thing that ties everything together in HubSpot. If they change their email at any time, you'll want to know. It doesn't hurt to keep it up there. We discourage making it a smart field, again for the reason that if they change emails, it'll make it more difficult to get that new email address. 

Hope this helps.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
skotwaldron
Solution
Participant

Email field mandatory?

Résolue

HubSpot always encourages you to include the email field. Most of the time the email field will prepopulate with their info. One of the main reasons for this is the email is the thing that ties everything together in HubSpot. If they change their email at any time, you'll want to know. It doesn't hurt to keep it up there. We discourage making it a smart field, again for the reason that if they change emails, it'll make it more difficult to get that new email address. 

Hope this helps.

NachoH
Participant

Email field mandatory?

Résolue

Hi @skotwaldron,

Thank you very much for the answer, I think now I got it.

Have a great day

Nacho

0 Votes
skotwaldron
Participant

Email field mandatory?

Résolue

Rockin! Reach out if you need anything else!

If you have a minute, my blog offers some views on branding and marketing

0 Votes