CMS Development

alex_sullivan
参加者

Email Subscription Type Checkboxes Prechecked / Should Be Blank

We have GDPR enabled and we've encountered an oddity where people who have no subscription types encounter a subscription preferences page that shows all subscription types as checked. I'd like this to reflect their actual preferences - which is to say that all boxes should be blank. This is a significant problem because people who only want to subscribe to some types may just unsubscribe from all, and those that want to receive all types may think they are already opted in. HubSpot support was unable to help in this regard even though it seems to me to clearly be a bug, and referred me here. Are there any options to get around this, even with some kind of custom scripting solution?

4件の返信
LThomas13
投稿者 | Diamond Partner
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Typically, items are checked to unsubscribe from something...not leave checked to stay subscribed.  Seems backwards.

I think the defaulted Manage Preferences form could be reworked.  Why have unsubscribe from all at the bottom of the form.  That is what the separate Unsubscribe link is for.

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Hi @alex_sullivan,

Are you still working with Support regarding this issue? Can you please share (either through here or direct message) the ticket number of your ticket regarding this with Support? 

As stated in this articleWith GDPR enabled, your email preferences page will also be impacted. When a contact clicks the link at the bottom of a marketing email, the checkboxes for your subscription types will all be unchecked by default.

If you're experiencing something different, working with HubSpot Technical Support will be the best next step. I would like to confirm you're ticket is taken care of if you can please send me the ticket number.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 いいね!
alex_sullivan
参加者

Hi Jenny - My support ticket is open but they're telling me this is somehow expected behavior because we do not have the "Only allow marketing emails to be sent to contacts who have a legal basis to communicate" box checked. I'm not clear on why this would cause the "manage your preferences" page to misrepresent "no subscriptions" as "all subscriptions" though. Our case is such that we send a single email to some contacts upon initial creation or who perform one of a very small handful of events to set their preferences. These are contacts who do not yet have any preferences set, so in effect it is a double opt-in ish flow, but we want to represent to them that they have no preferences yet. Hope this is clear.

LThomas13
投稿者 | Diamond Partner
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

I have the same scenario.  I have "Only allow marketing emails to be sent to contacts who have a legal basis to communicate" box checked.  And all the SUBSCRIBED options are checked by default.

Where's my flyswatter?  I see a bug.

0 いいね!