CMS Development

MaxHart

Email RSS Excerpt?

SOLVE

Hello, 

I'm trying to work on an RSS email template, when creating the email it loads in the following fields: 

{{ post.title }}

{{ post.author }}{{ post.publish_date }}

{{ post.summary }}

Summary however loads in the featured-image of the post. I'm trying to load in the content/an excerpt of the content of a post, but i'm having no luck and i can't find any documentation for this. Please help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ty
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Email RSS Excerpt?

SOLVE

Hi Max,

So the way the HubL variable "Summary" works is that it bases your content's summary based off of the "read more" seperator in your blog post.

Here is an example post I created

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 2.08.44 PM.png

Based off of this, if I were to call {{ post.summary }} it would return the above paragraph, starting with the title. Since you are only loading in the featured image, you may not have your read more linebreak in your content, you can add one by going to Insert > Read More Seperator

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 2.11.50 PM.png

Once you insert the read more seperator, you should be able to pick how much content you want to show in your summary. This and more information on blog-specifc HubL variables can be found here, in our documentation.

Let me know if you have any other issues! Hope this helps!

-- Ty

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Ty
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Email RSS Excerpt?

SOLVE

Hi Max,

So the way the HubL variable "Summary" works is that it bases your content's summary based off of the "read more" seperator in your blog post.

Here is an example post I created

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 2.08.44 PM.png

Based off of this, if I were to call {{ post.summary }} it would return the above paragraph, starting with the title. Since you are only loading in the featured image, you may not have your read more linebreak in your content, you can add one by going to Insert > Read More Seperator

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 2.11.50 PM.png

Once you insert the read more seperator, you should be able to pick how much content you want to show in your summary. This and more information on blog-specifc HubL variables can be found here, in our documentation.

Let me know if you have any other issues! Hope this helps!

-- Ty