CMS Development

mickyc
Participant

Email HTML signatures

SOLVE

I keep getting an error: "Your signature has some HTML elements that aren't supported in the simple editor ... "

I have created what I think is a pretty simple table based HTML, and pasted it into the area, the preview looks correct, but when looking at the simple view the table just falls apart (plus that message displays before clicking on the simple view), and the styling is gone.

I can't find anywhere that explains what elements are supported and what elements aren't supported, am I missing it somewhere?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Email HTML signatures

SOLVE

Hi Micky

When you edit your signature, if you hit the HTML button first, then this should work.

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 21.42.35.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 21.24.12.png 

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Tnichs
Solution

Email HTML signatures

SOLVE

Hi Micky

When you edit your signature, if you hit the HTML button first, then this should work.

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 21.42.35.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 21.24.12.png 

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero
oohhhh
Participant

Email HTML signatures

SOLVE

I have the same question as MickyC. When I add html to the html tab of the signature editor, I get an error message.

I just want to change my font size and colour. Is there a list of acceptable html codes?

0 Upvotes
mickyc
Participant

Email HTML signatures

SOLVE

What I found was that I was switching at the top tab, back and forth, from the HTML to some simple view that blew apart what I had coded. So tip 1, do not switch at that tab between the two, stay on HTML and save, and then out you go. Tip 2, extra spaces were added, I suspect they are whitespace top bottom for instance that added to the overall size and caused an error, make sure to remove them. Finally, all valid HTML and CSS is accepted, and as long as you don't flip between the two views available with that tab, you should be good to go. Hope that helped!