CMS Development

LevyRecognition
Participant

Editing the SphereOne Template

SOLVE

I downloaded the SphereOne template and customized it to meet the needs for a specific landing page. Now, I would like to use the same template but modify a few things so that it isn't exactly like the landing page. How do I add/remove content from the SphereOne template without affecting the other page using the template?

The template will not allow me to add or delete modules from the landing page editor, only in the Design area where it will affect all of the pages using that template.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JasonRosa
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @LevyRecognition if there is an attached style-sheet this will not be cloned when cloning the template. What I'd recommend rather than creating an entirely different style-sheet for the new template would be to add a body class to the new template (e.g. see image below) and then target the body class in your styles for anything you're looking to change for just the pages using the new template. For example, if you were looking to target the h1s on the new template: 

.body-class h1 {

}

BodyClasses.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
JasonRosa
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @LevyRecognition would you be able to clone the template and then modify the cloned template to use for your new page? That seems like the best path forward given your description so that you can edit the modules in the template without messing with the pages already using the original template. 

0 Upvotes
LevyRecognition
Participant

SOLVE

@JasonRosa

I have cloned the template. But what does that mean for the CSS page? What if I need to make changes in the CSS that I don't want populating through other pages?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
JasonRosa
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @LevyRecognition if there is an attached style-sheet this will not be cloned when cloning the template. What I'd recommend rather than creating an entirely different style-sheet for the new template would be to add a body class to the new template (e.g. see image below) and then target the body class in your styles for anything you're looking to change for just the pages using the new template. For example, if you were looking to target the h1s on the new template: 

.body-class h1 {

}

BodyClasses.png

LevyRecognition
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @JasonRosa! All of your tips helped and I was able to make the changes that I needed! I appreciate your help! 🙂

0 Upvotes
JasonRosa
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

You're very welcome @LevyRecognition I'm happy to hear that this helped!