CMS Development

DOBrien11

Editing modules without publishing changes

SOLVE

Hi

I'm pretty new to Hubspot and trying to figure some things out. How would I go about updating a module without publishing the changes live, I want to see the changes it in the content editor but not published live until I publish my pages.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
alyssamwilie
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

This isn't possible. Templates/editors will always show the published version of the modules it's using. Best you could do is clone the module and use that cloned module in the template/content editor without publishing the template/page. Then once you're satisified with the changes implement them in the original module or just continue using the cloned module as a 'V2'.

Being able to view unpusblished changes of a module in templates/editors would be pretty neat though so I'd suggest submitting a post to the Ideas forum, though I'm not sure how plausible such a feature would actually be.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
alyssamwilie
Solution

SOLVE

This isn't possible. Templates/editors will always show the published version of the modules it's using. Best you could do is clone the module and use that cloned module in the template/content editor without publishing the template/page. Then once you're satisified with the changes implement them in the original module or just continue using the cloned module as a 'V2'.

Being able to view unpusblished changes of a module in templates/editors would be pretty neat though so I'd suggest submitting a post to the Ideas forum, though I'm not sure how plausible such a feature would actually be.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.