CMS Development

Emma817

Editing a Blog Template

I am trying to edit my blog content template (the inner part of my blog listing page if that helps to clarify) but it seems I can only do this through coding or possibly not at all. I would like to be able to add a sidebar, or have a gutter, or have text that is not just in a regular paragraph format. 

When I click on the "Blog Content" module in the design manager I see this: 

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 10.02.16 PM.png

And when I right click on the "Blog Content" module and click "Edit Module" I get this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 10.02.35 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

Editing a Blog Template

Hi Emma!

The two coded parts of the template under Blog Content are what style each of the blog posts on the listings page and on the post itself. Unfortunately these are written in HTML/HubL.

However, you can add a sidebar using the drag and drop modules, like this: 

blogtemplate.png

In that particular template, several blog modules are on the right hand side (recent posts, blog subscription module...) and grouped together.

Note that this modules and blocks are basically the structure for your template (the HTML). To style them does typically require CSS so unfortunately some coding knowledge might be needed. 

You can always clone the template to test (to make sure no changes are made to the original) - it's possible that with the default styling on your website the blocks you add in will look ok. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia
HubSpot Design / Development / Automation
Website | Contact

0 Upvotes