CMS Development

petras
Contributor

Edit the color of the error messages of a form

SOLVE

Hello, I hope somebody can give me some advice. Can anybody tell me how I can edit the color of the error message of a form. Now hardly it can be detinguished from the general text. Can I do this by editing the CSS of the form only? Thanks so much. Best regards, Petra

1 Accepted solution
petras
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much for your response. All the commands work except the color. I don´t know if I have some superior stylesheet which limits this. The code I have included in the CSS sheet. Thank you a lot and best regards,
Petraform2.PNGcode.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
Lasse-Eggen
Participant

SOLVE

When we embed a form into another website, the default HubSpot color for errors is a red-ish color, #f2545b.

This color on a white/light background is not conforming to the WCAG color-contrast guidelines.

Our customers' and our own view, and hopefully your view, is that it's in HubSpot's interest to conform to WCAG guidelines for the most likely background color.

It's the following global CSS that sets the color (as mentioned previously in this thread).

.hs-error-msgs label {
    color: #f2545b;
}

We are not interested in using HTML forms for embedding, just normal HubSpot forms from the form builder.

0 Upvotes
deeanna
Participant

SOLVE

I also have this problem but maybe in a different situation. I use the HubSpot forms not with the HS CMS but with WordPress. My forms sit on a dark orange WordPress theme and no one can see the error messages because they are red. I am on Marketing Hub Starter and my understanding is that changing the stylesheet works only from Professional+

The theme is, of course, complicated and I have no idea how to change the style of the theme. I need a solution for styling the form itself so error message text is black.

0 Upvotes
pr_designteam

SOLVE

I'm having this issue as well and none of the above solutions work. I really want to avoid custom coding a form because the rest of my team cannot code.

0 Upvotes
Sellmx

SOLVE

Hi Petras,

Unless the theme has some custom classes overriding the error messages, it should be pretty easy to customize the color of the texts.

All you have to do is add some custom styles to the page header. Something like this should do the trick –

<style>
  .hs-form-field .hs-error-msgs { color: red; }
</style>

Here's a quick GIF of how to do that.

c8rMkc.gif

Hope this helps. If you have any more troubles fixing the styles, feel free to reach out to me at hi@sellmx.com and I can help you out, no charge!

0 Upvotes
cyberlobe

SOLVE

Hello Friends, 

I tried above code and it's not working for me, can anyone help pls?

https://wardpeter.com/SD_New/contact-us

0 Upvotes
TRooInbound
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @cyberlobe 

I show on your page,

try this code

.hs-error-msgs label {
    color: #f2545b !important;
}
MLiu8
Participant

SOLVE

i was looking for this answer for soo long. Thank you!!!

cyberlobe

SOLVE

I tried that its not working

0 Upvotes
TRooInbound
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @petras

need to just add below CSS to some error list target class like,

ul.hs-error-msgs > li > label {
    font-size:12px;
    line-height:normal;
    display:block;
    color:red;
}

add this CSS Syntax in your CSS stylesheet.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Team TRooInbound

0 Upvotes
petras
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much for your response. All the commands work except the color. I don´t know if I have some superior stylesheet which limits this. The code I have included in the CSS sheet. Thank you a lot and best regards,
Petraform2.PNGcode.PNG

0 Upvotes
TRooInbound
Key Advisor

SOLVE
ul.hs-error-msgs > li > label {
font-size:12px;
line-height:normal;
display:block;
color:red !important;
}

@petras
Replace code with above code

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Team TRooInbound

petras
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much, your post did just exactly what it should do. Everything fine now. Have a nice day ahead. Petra

0 Upvotes
TRooInbound
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey @petras,

That's Cool! Cheers! 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Team TRooInbound

0 Upvotes
Sellmx

SOLVE

You can try adding an "!important" tag to the property in case something is overriding it.

color: red !important;
0 Upvotes