CMS Development

MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Hi there,

Hope you are doing fine !

I would like to know if there is a way for us to edit que quote amount to the quote section ?

In fact, I've created a personnilized quote template with in that template few items already with a total amount at the end of that template.

This way, my commercials can easily pick the custom quote template and doesn't have to add all the items ( and so, we avoid him to forget some items) but the issue here is that the quote amount in my quote section is wrong ... so i would like to know if the module of quote amount is available for us to edit ? I hope yes like this it would fix my problem 

I hope i was clear, do not hesitate to reach us out for any further questions 

Best regards,

Marianne

0 Upvotes
18 Replies 18
JLaurrieta
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Hi MObry

Wouldn't it be easier to create an Item that incorporates whatever items your sales person shouldn't forget for each quote, and the correct price? something like a product package...

You could, if you want, subsitute the item with whatever code in the quote, and still have the correct value in the DDBB...

regards

MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Hi Tiphaine, 

Thanks for your long answer.

Unfortunatly I think there is a misunderstood. What've asked was to edit the quote amount, thanks to your answer now i know it's impossible. 

Regarding the quote amount (quote total) in the custom quote template, i've already edit it through my custom quote tempate.

Thanks for your help tho  

Best regards,

Marianne

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edit Quote amount

Hi @MObry 

I did ask around the team and got a reply. 

In theory it could be possible to edit the total quote amount that we see on the quote using the custom quote feature (e.g. by 'hard coding' it into the template as was suggested). However, this would only change what we see on the quote and would not actually change the quoted amount. So, for example, if you want to use the Stripe integration - the actual quote amount will be used, rather than what is 'hard coded' into the quote. And it also won't change the quote amount associated with the deal or be seen anywhere else in the HubSpot CRM.

As such, this is not something we would necessarily recommend, as it might end up impacting you negatively in the long run. Instead, our recommendation would be to adjust either the line items or to add extra fees of some sort in the quote wizard (see screenshot) so that the quote total is accurate both in the HubSpot CRM and on the quote itself.

1.png

Now if you still want to edit what is seen on the template, regardless, then you would need access to the design manager. Without access to the design manager, you can't edit the quote total displayed on the quote. If you have access to the design manager, you should then navigate to the quote theme of your choice, into the 'Modules' folder and edit the 'line_items_table' module. This is where you can remove the fee-related tokens, and instead hardcode a specific number. Once this is done, you'd have to go back to Settings > Objects > Products & Quotes > Custom Quote Templates, and create a new custom quote template using the theme you just edited. You would then have to do this for every single quote you create.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Hi @JJames92

Thanks for your time.

It's exactly what I meant: To locked the price I've created a custom quote template with all the articles we needed inside it. So, I would like to edit que quote amount module ? is that possible ?

quoteamount.png

0 Upvotes
MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

@ChrisBroeders  @amandaulm @rwolupo Does anyone can help ? Thanks in advance 

0 Upvotes
MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Someone else can help ?  @TiphaineCuisset do you have any information ? 

Best regards, 

Marianne

0 Upvotes
MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

@BNGUYEN Do you have an answer ? 

0 Upvotes
MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

I want to edit the quote amount module that already exist in Hubspot, I'm just looking for where to find that module...

quoteamount.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edit Quote amount

Hi @MObry 

Tagging some other experts here - @ChrisBroeders @amandaulm @rwolupo do you know how you can display another quote amount in the custom quote template, or how to edit the quote amount module? 

Thank you!

Best 

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Thanks a lot Tiphaine ! I hope someone would help ...

0 Upvotes
MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

@BNGUYEN I am a dev

But i might don't get what you told me then.. 

0 Upvotes
BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Edit Quote amount

@MObry 

It's code that need to be developped by a dev 🤣

Do u have that inhouse?

0 Upvotes
MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

@BNGUYEN I'm sure you're pretty busy but could you tell me where i can find the hardcode to the amount quote ? It's pretty important ! 

Best regards 

0 Upvotes
BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Edit Quote amount

Hi @MObry 

Glad i understood what u wanted to do even though it's not so...conventional 🤣

Yes, you can hardcode the 'label' + 'the calculation'. Do you confirme that quantities and price per unit are always the same PER TEMPLATE?

Take care ^^

MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Yes i know it's not so conventional as you said lol Thank you for the
time you took to understand what i wanted !

They do yes !

Could you please tell me where to find the hardcode for this ?

Best regards,

0 Upvotes
BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Edit Quote amount

@TiphaineCuisset @MObry

Does it mean you are making quotes displaying products WITHOUT actually adding them (the products) as lines items to Hubspot?

Not sure if u can change the amount BUT you can display 'another' amount of your choice, probably hard-coded in your template.

MObry
Contributor

Edit Quote amount

Hi,

Yes it's exactly what we do ! I know it's not supposed to be like this
but it's easier for our old seller.

Isn't it possible to create a code propriety ? Like this i would be able
to do my math to display the right quote amount.

But i really think the simple way to do it it's to be able to edit the
quote amount module

Thanks in advance for your help !

Best regards,

Marianne

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edit Quote amount

Hi @MObry !

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @miljkovicmisa @JonPayne @Jake_Lett @BNGUYEN do you have any recommendation for @MObry on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes