CMS Development

JosefinaT
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Dynamically adding a Date for an event to a blog in a for loop -custom fields

I have some blogs that have a tag of "webinar". I need to display them on a page as a list. I am able to diplay the list with tag_post.name and tag_post.blog_author. That works fine. I need to add one custom field though inside of this for loop that needs to load dynamically like the other fields do.  It is the webinar's date. I need to have the functionality where a person can input manually a date that can be added to my for loop.

I guess just to make it clear. I don't need the date that the blog is published, but more so the date that the webinar will be taking place. Is this possible? Is it possible to add a field on the blog's dashboard where people can input the event's date?

Thanks!

dynamically add a date to a for loopdynamically add a date to a for loop

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Dynamically adding a Date for an event to a blog in a for loop -custom fields

Hi @JosefinaT ,

If you need to use this in blog posts, one possible idea would be to use topics to target webinars in months. U can use tags how September, Octuber, December, but i dont see it how a solution.

You may have more options, such as date, if you create a custom module for this webinar listing.

U can configure you custom module to add the data field, link to article, link to webinar, image, text, and others informations. Look in this example of custom module for other application, how u can add and remove items with custom module. 

items.PNG

In you case, each item is one webinar block, with all informations i mentioned above.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best Regards! 🙂