CMS Development

TrueJustice
Participant

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

Hi

I want to have a drop down menue that my client can choose from ex 5 different companys they represent.

depend what they choose the email or a info box apear so we know where the invoice should be sendt.

ex.

Menue

Company 3 -> invoice 3

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TrueJustice
Solution
Participant

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

well i did kind of solve it for people that have similar problem. created a contact property with the name of invoice email in my case and connected it by logic

1.png

result like this 😄

222.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
tjoyce
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

This can be done with a little bit of code and the HubDB

Here's how I would do it...

1. Create a HubDB table with your list of contacts
2. Use the Global Form Events  to wait for the form to load
3. call the HubDB rest API https://api.hubapi.com/hubdb/api/v2/tables/XXXXXXX/rows?portalId=XXXXXX

4. use jquery within the global callback to populate the form's dropdown

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

Arran
Contributor

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

Thanks @dennisedson & @tjoyce for jumping in. I came across this thread via Google but I see it's CMS Hub related which we don't have. I'll follow up on a different thread after having browsed vartious form related threads

0 Upvotes
lgray

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

If we have thousands of companies would this work? is there an automation that could draw from our existing contact list for a user to select. We are trying to prevent misspelling and users entering new companies by a typo .

Arran
Contributor

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

We're going down the same path @lgray Did you end up solving the issue of providing current companies in a drop down? I'm wondering if there is maybe an app integration that would support this if not possible in hubspot.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

Hi @Arran !

@tjoyce is a forms wizard.  Maybe he has some insight into how to make this work or knows of an integration

TrueJustice
Solution
Participant

Drop down menue in FORMS

SOLVE

well i did kind of solve it for people that have similar problem. created a contact property with the name of invoice email in my case and connected it by logic

1.png

result like this 😄

222.png